This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 8:26 am #3764555

Mr. Ghost

No the server crashed once again, had to restore to a backup once again. Guys you have to help us sort this, I assume you have to get one of the developers directly into this thread.

Happens when we have 3 languages, and add translations of all of them and add static home page (has to be translated into all languages as you know) then it crash. It's WPML since we can troubleshoot it down to WPML and so even the senior cloud engineers.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at domain.com Port 80
May 8, 2019 at 9:52 am #3765275

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced.

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Reproduce the issue - so refresh the home page where internal error happens.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 8, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3769021

Mr. Ghost

Please make thread private.

I solved it by double save permalinks once again and disable previous main language. But now you have to help me delete all traces of old language as mentioned in the other thread. Still, see the trace of previous EN language and ES. I want to keep it clean and not save such data.

May 9, 2019 at 6:32 am #3773263

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've hid that reply so that it doesn't get exposed to public.

But now you have to help me delete all traces of old language as mentioned in the other thread.

Try using various troubleshooting options from:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Ftroubleshooting.php

You can use various options like -- Clear the cache in WPML and Remove ghost entries from the translation tables. If none of this helps, you can also try directly within database like:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/delete-old-translations-languages-strings-from-not-anymore-used-plugins/#post-2490498

I am not sure however on which traces are you referring to? In database, site backend, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 7:17 am #3773591

Mr. Ghost

Done but still show me language files in /wp-content/ etc and a lot of unused files: hidden link

The database seems to be cleaned from ES but not files which I can see by connecting to sFTP.
And we still have the issue with the ACF group fields connected to a language. How do I assign them to the new language? They should not be assigned to a language at all. If so they should be to the default language only. We have settings "not translateable".

May 9, 2019 at 7:53 am #3773927

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The database seems to be cleaned from ES but not files which I can see by connecting to sFTP.

I can imagine that you can remove any media and other types of files (that exist in /uploads) using SFTP directly, without affecting your site functionality.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 11:26 am #3775601

Mr. Ghost

Ok, will do and let you know. But we have still not solved the acf group fields connected to a specific language. might be removed when I clean en_GB in from SFTP as well?

May 9, 2019 at 11:46 am #3775731

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

These .json files that exist in wp-content/languages/wpml are translations for JavaScript created by WPML (they were first imported to DB and then WPML generated those files).

https://make.wordpress.org/core/2018/11/09/new-javascript-i18n-support-in-wordpress/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 6:04 pm #3778643

Mr. Ghost

Ok, how do I remove and clean this? Why don't wpml remove when I disable a language?

May 10, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3784141

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

You can delete these files using SFTP. As for WPML not deleting them, I guess I can only answer that this has been a development decision made sometime during the last 10-12 years of plugin development and I can't tell you exactly when and why was it decided.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 13, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3801519

Mr. Ghost

Yes, thanks then I know I can without facing any issues or doing it the wrong way which would cause any harm to my application? Ok but somebody would be able to answer it from wpml core development team?

Remember to make sure all my messages are private

May 14, 2019 at 7:57 am #3804529

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It will not cause any harm to WPML.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 14, 2019 at 8:46 pm #3810581

Mr. Ghost

Ok noted, thanks!

May 15, 2019 at 6:25 am #3812519

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with here.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 15, 2019 at 6:40 pm #3819625

Mr. Ghost

No, this ticket can be closed, for now, thanks. But please note that I still consider you to do as polylang, let me be able to alter language and code after it's created. It just creates issues and you lock the users and create extra work for the users to not allow. Just not pleasing me that you´re not letting me change after a language is created.