This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3907823

The J

Sorry I dont understand what the fix is.
Do I need to change something in my WPML setup?
Do I just need to wait for an update of the WPML WC addon and the issue will be fixed on its own?

Please provide a solution I can use now or when the issue will be fixed on its own.

May 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3907831


Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)


In order to better investigate your issue, please send us a copy of your site that we can install on a local server as per this article.

Thanks - I am opening the private area for the duplicator package.

May 31, 2019 at 9:45 am #3929373


Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Yvette is currently not available, I will replace her here in the forum.

I hope this is OK with you.

I just wanted to tell you that Yvette already informed me about what she has already done and i'm currently troubleshooting the issue and i'll alert our dev team if needed.

I'll keep you updated.

June 4, 2019 at 11:29 am #3951059


Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,

First of all, sorry if it took so long to give you an answer, i had to run a lot of tests before i could give you an answer.

I noticed that the database seems to be working ok in the staging server, at least for now, but i did notice that the featured products in the homepage were always the same 3 products, even if i created new ones (more recent ones as well).

The homepage or the CPT/ACF plugin doesn't give me a hint about them being used for sorting the product featured images (at least through the WordPress admin panel), so maybe everything was done entirely through code (since there doesn't seem to be a configuration in the homepage for the product featured products).

Would you mind telling me how did you set that up? because it seems like the code is always retrieving the same products and maybe that's part of the reason why the different languages have different products and they are also different from the ones of the other language.

June 10, 2019 at 11:11 pm #3990715

The J

Currently I had to remove the meta query for feat products, since it wasnt working properly.
So it's only getting the latest ones.
I use custom templates for the homepage grid, you can see the code inside the files called layout-1..2..3..4.php inside the theme folder templates\homepage_layouts
You can see commented code there.
Anyway, this isn't really about the code I used (I tried several possible combinations), there's clearly some issue with WC feat products + WPML.

June 11, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3997149


Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

I see, could you please add everything that's related to this homepage grid in this sandbox so i can take a look on an isolated environment and try to, well, isolate the problem (that way i can check easily everything).

Sandbox: hidden link

I can't deny nor confirm the problem is with WooCommerce Multilingual yet but if that's the case, then we will help you find a fix for it!


The topic ‘[Closed] Split: WooCommerce featured products in 2nd language are assigned to default taxonomy term’ is closed to new replies.