This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3877427

tomaszA-3

Ok, I just enabled "Don't use String Translation to translate themes and plugins" - helped, so great thanks. In addition I deleted Redis Cache, as this plugin wasn't correctly implemented into the site.

Let me know when the permanent fix will be done.

Also - could you help me with one thing? Is it possible not to translate emails sent by WC after shop transaction? At this moment if somebody orders a food from us with page translated to French for example he is getting an email in French after transaction (which is good). But another email is being send to our restaurant crew, and this email is also translated to French (which is a problem because restaurant crew don't speak French). This is a feature made by WPML? Is it possible to turn this translation off?

May 23, 2019 at 3:31 pm #3877495

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

WooCommerce's standard behavior (with WPML enabled) is to send a message to the person who made the order in the language of the order and then a mail to the admin in the language of the admin.

You say "But another email is being send to our restaurant crew" which makes me believe that other than the admin of the site, another mail is being sent. Am i correct in this assumption?

If the answer to my previous question is yes, can you tell me if you have a plugin that is handling this?

Let me know.

May 29, 2019 at 3:07 pm #3916771

tomaszA-3

Hi Alejandro,

What I mean is:
- one mail is being send to the customer in its language (which is ok)
- another mail is being send to the admin, also in the language of the customer choice

What I want to do is:
- send email to customer in its language
- send email to admin always in default language (omitting the client's choice)

In our case: if the client speaks french, than he should get an email in french, but our admins should always get info in polish.

May 30, 2019 at 8:33 am #3921359

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

The scenario you want is actually the "correct" behavior of WooCommerce Multilingual.

In most (if not all) of the cases where this happens it's always a problem coming from the mail or the theme.

So i'd kindly ask you to start by disabling the theme and enabling a WordPress default theme like storefront or twenty nineteen. if the problem still happens, then start disabling plugins one by one (most of the time the culprit comes in the form of a "admin customizer" "mail template builder" or something similar) until you find the culprit.

If you can't work on your site, we can provide you with a staging server so you don't have to worry about messing up your client's site (just say the words and we'll send you all the info for the migration)

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: WooCommerce mail translations’ is closed to new replies.