We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

We are getting an error message from WordPress saying the WPML Media plugin is now failing.

Solution:

With the new update, the error has disappeared.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olafM-4 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 10:49 am #4560317

olafM-4

The translation of additional fields is resolved. Thank you very much. However, since that workaround is now implemented we are getting an error message from WordPress saying the WPML Media plugin is now failing.

---- automatic email from WordPress:
Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Media.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.
----
There are no visible issues, just this message when I edit a page and click "update":

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Could that be related?
Since you have access to the site, can you advise if the WPML Media feature can be turned off? We are only interested in translating image names and captions. We are not interested in using different images in other languages. We don't understand the feature.
If you think it is unrelated then this ticket can be closed.

September 12, 2019 at 11:17 am #4560413

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

I do not think that this issue is related to the fix that I've suggested to you for the Events Calendar issue.

We recently released new versions for WPML and its add-ons including WPML Media. Please update our plugins and see if the message still shows.

You should be able to translate the names and captions of the images even if WPML Media is not active. You can manually do that in Media -> Library by switching to the other language and filling the relevant language in the image's fields.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 12, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4563099

olafM-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! With the new update the error has disappeared.