Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mr. Ghost 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 7:33 am #3872089

Mr. Ghost

Can you please explain to me why WPML change the main language for images that are uploaded from e.g US and change it the main language of it when I check /admin.php?page=wpml-media

And why it's completely different lists of images in media library list and grid view. Something is really wrong with WPML lately.

And why the translated images are in same url folder /wp-content/uploads/ and not /language/ folder? Just rename file names does just translate an image not give me options to do how I
consider is the right way. Separate them correctly and in a good way according to me by separate them in folders and languages exactly as the frontend url of pages.

Why above? Since you only give me options to translate the file name and not the alt texts. Another thing I do not understand. And I fetch images with ACF and array meaning fetching alt text from media library this has to work multilingual. I will not make alt texts static and fetch them on page level.

And when I'm on list view and switch language from man language it redirects back to the main language....

May 23, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3877913

Mr. Ghost

No more sandbox sites I've spent hours and days in total only with bugs and issues from WPML Bruno.

1. you did not answer why alt text isn't possible to translate
2. You do not allow me to send private messages meaning I will not share anything useful. Setting up everything in a sandbox site just takes more time than sharing a screen video.

The issues are clearly explained with my concerns above. Images do not pop up equally in grid and list view. When I sync images in settings it becomes x2 of all images. Some images randomly assign to the secondary languages as the main language for images and the list goes on.

Let me send a video and I will show you, privately.

May 24, 2019 at 8:02 am #3882009

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Alt texts can be translated if they are set for images within Media Library - if not, then you can't translate them as they would not show up in Media Translation.

Setting up everything in a sandbox site just takes more time than sharing a screen video.

Your next reply is private, use fields you find as necessary and put some dummy content in ones you will not be using. But please note that only based on the video, I can't tell you much or help because the issue needs to be reproduced in a clean install or debugged properly. I don't know your setup, has the database been corrupted in some way, are there some other plugins or theme interfering, etc.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 5, 2019 at 7:38 am #3957771

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I apologise for not responding earlier - I have been away for the last couple of days. I can see that some of my tickets I had with you were reassigned to other WPML supporters. Can you tell me if you are able to resolve the 404 issue? if I'm not mistaken, I can see that you granted WordPress credentials of the site to one of my fellow supporters. They want me to reassign this tickets to them so that they can have a look at the 404 issue? let me know!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 5, 2019 at 4:37 pm #3962753

Mr. Ghost

We managed to find the issue:

Found the issue, conflict between https://wordpress.org/plugins/redis-cache/ and wpml!

JUNE 4, 2019 AT 6:34 PM #3954519REPLY

Mr. Ghost
Can you patch this fix?

Seems like WPML would not use WP’s object cache API correctly and therefore run into these issues. So I was right with the issue on WPML's side, never the less can you fix this and path it as soon as possible?

June 6, 2019 at 10:06 am #3968005

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I can see that you are already discussing this topic with my colleague here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-media-translation-page-shows-images-that-do-not-show-in-the-media-library-for-a-language/page/2/#post-3962781

Therefore I am closing this one, because it would seem to be the same issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 7, 2019 at 9:47 am #3975377

Mr. Ghost

Yes but please escalate the conflict.