Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderA 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 7:45 pm #4717915

alexanderA

OK I understand all that. The reason I brought it up was the earlier I thought I was seeing behavior that was not consistent with that. But I just checked again, and it seems as if I can duplicate without issue now. Thanks for your patience on that.

At this point, my page is duplicate as desired, and I require no more duplication of Elementor pages. But when I open this page and try to make some edits, WPML displays a message:

>> Warning: You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.

(see attached screenshot) I realize as part of this exercise I configured this particular page to use the "WPML Translation Editor." But I have no clue what that means, how it will affect things, whether I can disable that, etc. I enabled it only because I was told to do so by support, in order to resolve this particular issue. After I duplicate my Elementor page into my desired languages, can I disable the "WPML Translation Editor?" If so, how exactly? Do I disable it on the same page on which I enabled it?

Thanks.

October 8, 2019 at 7:57 pm #4717927

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, feedback below:

After I duplicate my Elementor page into my desired languages, can I disable the "WPML Translation Editor?" If so, how exactly? Do I disable it on the same page on which I enabled it?

Yes. If you want, you can disable the translation editor using the steps below:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar (see screenshot)
- Select your editor preferences and save (for all posts or only this post - it's up to you)
- Edit the translation

After that, it will open the manual editor automatically.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 11, 2019 at 6:01 am #4735743

alexanderA

OK thanks, that worked. But on a related note, after our duplication work, when I open this page for editing, I encounter another WPML warning (see attached screenshot). Why is that occurring, and how can I resolve it?

Thanks.

October 11, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4738161

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

It's because there is a translation of the page that was started (but not completed with 100% status).

You can click finish the translation if you want, or just click on the "I understand button".

If you need more help just let me know.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 12, 2019 at 5:49 am #4742263

alexanderA

>> or just click on the "I understand button".

I realize I can click "I understand" every time this occurs. But this is an annoying popup, that I've never encountered until beginning this duplication task with you. So I would like to learn to how ensure it no longer displays.

>> You can click finish the translation if you want

How exactly do I do that? Screenshots would be great.

October 14, 2019 at 8:17 pm #4752505

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

To complete a translation, you just need to check all "Translation is complete" fields, so it will reach the "100% translated" status. You can see the process at the video of this previous reply: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-cannot-duplicate-page-created-with-elementor-page-builder/page/2/#post-4690487 (starts at 1:00)

If the translation have the "100% translated" status, this warning will not be displayed anymore.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 15, 2019 at 5:24 am #4754475

alexanderA

>> To complete a translation, you just need to check all "Translation is complete" fields, so it will reach the "100% translated" status.

OK. But to do that for this particular page, I need to have WPML's Translation Editor turned on. Is that correct?

October 15, 2019 at 8:16 pm #4760381

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Yes. Please complete the translations then switch back to the manual editor after that if you want to.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 16, 2019 at 6:02 am #4762269

alexanderA

>> Yes. Please complete the translations then switch back to the manual editor after that if you want to.

OK I understand. But my issue is that I have already switched back to the manual editor. So why is the WPML Translation Editor still displaying errors/notifications?

October 16, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4768207

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Please check if the other language versions are already published (and not with the "draft" status).

If so, and the issue persist, please send us the credentials again and I will take a look (please use the private field).

October 17, 2019 at 8:13 am #4771159

alexanderA

Well at this point, I've clicked the 'do not show this again,' so it may be difficult for you to troubleshoot. Let's call this resolved. If the issue resumes, i'll open a new ticket.