This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4521777

rosmarieF

Hello Marcos,
thank you. Sorry for the late reply. I had some troubles in the meantime. my grandpa died and tomorrow are the funerals.
I still have some problems with the site.
I got an automatic email from WordPress regarding the error.
Can you help me?

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Media.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 130 of the file /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element))
#1 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(1201)
#2 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /usr/www/users/profiweb/royal/wp-inclu

September 5, 2019 at 7:07 pm #4521779

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Rosmarie,

I found a similiar issue with a solution in this topic: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-when-updating-wordpress-menu/#post-1552034. Please follow Otto's instructions and let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.