Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 7:30 am #3872063

Mr. Ghost

Yes since now we have another issue:

WPML media translation page shows images that do not show in the media library for a language.
WPML language on the list view of media library does not work.

Can not delete images that don't exist. What is wrong with WPML guys 🙁

Just broken once again, this is a never-ending story with WPML. Can you imagine and understand my frustration? Developed sites in 4years and never ever experienced a plugin cause so much hassle that WPML has done in 1 month for me.

May 31, 2019 at 10:50 am #3929945

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Bruno is away for a few days, so I am taking care of this ticket, hope that is ok. 🙂

I’m really sorry for this experience you have had with the plugin.

I would like to let you know that before replying here, I tested the below things:

- Uploaded few images to the media library in my test setup
- Checked the images in WPML->Media Translation and they were showing correctly.
- Tried to view the images in the list view and it worked properly.

So it looks like a site-specific issue, in most of the case the issue can be created due to entries in the database, you can clear this out using out troubleshooting options, so, could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons:

+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Set Language information
+ Fix element types collation
+ Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
+ Assign translation status to duplicated content
+ Set language information

Further, you can go to WPML->Media Translation and translate the alt texts.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 3:14 am #3938973

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

it's purely a wpml bug since it is the same issue on a fresh installation.

Could you please provide me login details of the fresh installation, so I can verify and report it to our developers?

Could you please refer to the screenshot and let me know if you can see the alt text available for translation in WPML->Media translation, if not please let me know if you are using the latest version of the plugin.

If I set images to never be duplicated on upload can I then translate it whenever I want instead in media translator?

-> Yes, you can.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 6:13 am #3939517

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I have enabled the private reply for you, so please provide me the details of the fresh installation where you can replicate the media translation page issue.

Did you already open a ticket for your 404 issues?

Thanks

June 4, 2019 at 11:47 am #3951133

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

May I ask you what debugging steps you want to do.

Sure, here is the debugging steps I normally perform

• Deactivate all plugins except WPML and see if it's just happening with WPML
  • If the problem doesn't happen with the WPML plugins only, we activate other plugins one by one to see which plugin in-combination is creating the problem.
  • If the faulty plugin is found, we try to reproduce the issue with the plugin + WPML plugins and escalate it to compatibility team, so they can fix the issue.
  • Activate debug.log so we can see if any php errors are happening, if yes, we follow those errors and fix/escalate if necessary.

You do not need sftp, tell me what you need sftp

Sometimes while running the above steps we may encounter some fatal issues or some issues. At this type of moment, we use ftp to trace the issue and fix it.

Informing the client to fix those types of fatal error will take a longer time and the site can be unusable during this time, so it's better to provide ftp so we can fix it at the moment.

The issue is wpml. The same issue occurs with the only wpml installed

Before replying to clients, we make sure to test the issue on our test site and I did the same before asking you to migrate the site.
I installed a test site here hidden link you can click and login to the site.
I created a page in English and French and connected them without any issues. So It looks like an issue with your site only.
hidden link
hidden link

I agree that fact the issue might be happening with combinations to other plugins + WPML but we will need to test this to narrow down the source of the issue.

Until now, we don't have any steps to replicate the issue so it will be hard for us to fix the issue which we can't reproduce. I hope you agree with this.

Since you don't want to provide the login details, I request you to either try yourself the steps as I mentioned or provide us a way to reproduce the issue on a fresh install, you can try to reproduce the issue here: hidden link

I understand that it feels too much work sometimes to just report an issue that is happening on your site as well as reported a lot of times in the forum, but you will need to understand that this is due to the fact that each user have its own choices and they use their required plugins differently.

We also want to fix the issue as soon as it's reported but we will need a way to reproduce the issue and for this, we need users help to figure out the source of the problem.

Your all replies are marked as private.

Thanks

June 4, 2019 at 1:07 pm #3951899

Mr. Ghost

This takes major of our time. Just a simple thing as for now I have to ask you to make my next message private to share login. I've created a staging environment for you. But all this cost me many hours and we have tested the procedure you just mentioned above that's basic troubleshooting. And of course we have checked both nginx and apache logs and we found some php issues but it is not related to this issue since we see the exact same issues with wpml and connecting translations as when we disable plugin.

If you kindly could do so I can share staging ASAP. Since this is becoming very critical for us as it is not working.

Regarding your sandbox we have done this before to proof things and it cost many working hours for us. Install all plugins setup a proper setup etc. I'm just so tired of a such a basic function and the core functions in wpml doesn't work. And once this is solved next week we will find another one.

Please reply to this within 30min-1h so I can share.

June 4, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3953343

Mr. Ghost

any update please?

June 4, 2019 at 5:03 pm #3953915

Mr. Ghost

Found the issue, conflict between https://wordpress.org/plugins/redis-cache/ and wpml!

June 4, 2019 at 6:34 pm #3954519

Mr. Ghost

Can you patch this fix?

Seems like WPML would not use WP’s object cache API correctly and therefore run into these issues. So I was right with the issue on WPML's side, never the less can you fix this and path it as soon as possible?

June 5, 2019 at 5:56 am #3957175

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for performing extra steps and finding out the conflicting plugin.

I would debug it further and report it to our developers if needed, but before that, I would need your staging site details.

I have enabled the private reply for you.

Thanks

June 5, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3962781

Mr. Ghost

Hi again,

I already spoke to the redis plugin developer and you are not using WP’s object cache API correctly. Please send over from your developers if they say that they do and I'll send further, since on you it sounds like you say that you are using wp's object cache api correctly and we find that you don't.

I do not see why you have not already escalated such issue. You mean they ahve after 24hours still not even looked into this or? Check your forum and you will find that you have broken this API before. Thanks

June 6, 2019 at 3:05 am #3965449

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I already spoke to the Redis plugin developer and you are not using WP's object cache API correctly.

I hope you are talking about the plugin developer of Redis cache, if so, can you request them to contact us using the go-global program so we can work together to solve the issue? https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

It doesn't make sense to escalate an issue without steps to reproduce it, as our developers will not be able to reproduce it and as I already mentioned, no-one can fix issues without a way to reproduce the issue.

Since you already are facing the issue, may I kindly request you to share the steps to replicate so I can try and escalate this to our developers or provide credentials of the site so I can find a way to steps to replicate?

I am sorry to ask so many details from you, but if I escalate the issue without these details, the issue will not be fixed at all. I hope you understand.

I have enabled the private reply for you.

Thanks

June 7, 2019 at 9:50 am #3975433

Mr. Ghost

Can not navigate to page 2 so can't see what you wrote. But once again you do not need access for this bug. Report it to your developers, already gone days with a huge conflict since you are not using the wp object cache api correctly.

If I'm wrong please send me how WPML is integrated with wp object api. I want this bug resolved and I've told you what the issue is you do not need to roam around in our application for this. Please take action on this for once, thanks.

June 7, 2019 at 11:29 am #3975897

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

That's strange, are you able to see any errors when trying to visit page-2? Can you explain this so I can escalate this to our system team?

As I already mentioned, I am sorry to let you know that I will be unable to proceed without the "steps to reproduce" further. so please refer to my previous reply and update accordingly.

Thanks

June 9, 2019 at 7:44 am #3982463

Mr. Ghost
Status Code	URL	IP	Page Type	Redirect Type	Redirect URL	
301	https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-media-translation-page-shows-images-that-do-not-show-in-the-media-library-for-a-language/page/2/	52.203.117.55	server_redirect	permanent	https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-media-translation-page-shows-images-that-do-not-show-in-the-media-library-for-a-language/
200	https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-media-translation-page-shows-images-that-do-not-show-in-the-media-library-for-a-language/	52.203.117.55	normal	none	none

Can still not navigate to page 2. Have your development team found the issue? it's soon a week and you have still not released a patch to solve the issue.