This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
December 11, 2019 at 3:07 pm #5108291

andreaK-9

I am having the same issues.
First I got the same notice saying; "REST API is disabled, blocking some features of WPML”.

Checked but the REST Api is not disabled.

Now my site is giving the "internal error 500".

Beside that I noticed that I have to update my languages constantly.
If I do the update for the language and after that go to another page in my admin I immediately get the update notice again. (see attached pic)

Really need help fast because my customers can't use my site.

December 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #5108303

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

2 - Make sure all WPML related plugins are updated to their latest versions. If you don't seem the updates notice in your plugins listing screen, then you can refer to your wpml.org account in order to manually download the most recent updates. The message also could indicates a false positive and can be safely ignored.

3 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Wrong Notice: “REST API is disabled, blocking some features of WPML”’ is closed to new replies.