Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 7:17 am #4226519

Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,

unfortunately, we noticed another issue.

When you click on the list (that now work correctly as a permalink) the tags are not linked correctly.

Eg.
hidden link

If You check the tag they link with permalink spanish returning obviously 404.

May You support us again, please?

Thank You very much
Regards
Ale

July 17, 2019 at 7:30 am #4226673

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Ale,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following steps and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Language URL format
2) Resave the settings
3) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
4) Resave the settings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 17, 2019 at 9:17 am #4228041

Alessandro

Hi Bigul,
also for this issue I did all what You said but the behaviour is the same....we are not able to figure it out...
Thank You for all You'll can do
Regards
Ale

July 18, 2019 at 7:42 am #4235785

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. The issue is existing on my local copy after initial checks. So I have shared the details to our second tier team and waiting for the feedback now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 21, 2019 at 9:23 am #4251877

Alessandro

We have received an email from wpml asking if the issue was resolved.
At the moment we're waiting for Your support.
Thx
Ale

July 22, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4257191

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind updates, the issue is escalated to our developers for further debugging. We have tried a workaround, but it makes some conflicts with Menu language switcher. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 30, 2019 at 6:59 am #4305085

Alessandro

Hi Bigul,
have You got some news about this?
Thx
Ale

July 30, 2019 at 8:00 am #4305541

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind information, our compatibility team is currently working on this issue. We are trying for a permanent solution. I will get back to you as early as possible when we have an update on this. Thank you for your patience. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 1, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4324639

Alessandro

Good evening Bigul,
this is the last issue pending and after your snippet code the problem is limited to the single page listing where every link point to guia-de-tenerife instead the correct language (ita or eng).
May You have some news about it?
Thx
Ale

August 2, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4330065

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind updates, we have tried some possible workaround for this issue and it was working for us. But this fixes making conflicts in other features for an example in Menu Language switcher. Therefore we have updated the Web Directory team about this and waiting for their feedback.

We will get back to you soon when we have an update on this. Please wait. Sorry for the issues.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 2, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4331901

Alessandro

Thank You Bigul, for updates.
If your fix creates conflicts just with menu switching languages a solution for us could be to insert your modification and we’ll hide switching languages menu in the single listing page. But if it create other conflicts we cannot proceed and must wait for a stable fix. Thanks for support and patience
Warm regards
Ale

August 4, 2019 at 10:58 am #4336169

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind updates, it is not recommended actually. Because it is an incomplete fix. We were getting the correct URL for Tag and Category link after the following change in line 678 of this file wp-content/plugins/w2dc/classes/shortcodes/directory_controller.php.

From

add_filter('icl_ls_languages', array($this, 'adapt_wpml_urls'));

To

//add_filter('icl_ls_languages', array($this, 'adapt_wpml_urls'));

Hope we will get feedback from Web directory plugin team soon.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 4, 2019 at 4:43 pm #4336717

Alessandro

G R E A T!!!!!
I did the modification and I just look that the only problem that persist (as You said) is that the language switcher link to the base url of the directory (of the respective language).
We'll wait for the answer of dveloper.
For the moment I hìjust can say a BIG BIG thank You
Warm regards
Ale

August 5, 2019 at 8:02 am #4338825

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. We will get back to you soon when we have an update on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul