If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 10:33 am #3747077

Adriano

Excellent news Andrés! 😃

If I do not modify the original pages, the correct translation is inserted in the translations so why is there no longer a checkmark and it is not 100% translated?

All right, let's move on to the second issue, the order issue is for the FAQ page and the Photo in costume page. But I didn't check all the other pages.

A few more hours of work, good weekend to you too!
Adriano

May 6, 2019 at 10:38 am #3747109

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

¡Hola de nuevo Adriano! 🙂

I'll start checking this issue as I have already a session opened on your site. However, I have to ask you for the credentials for support rules. In case I solve it before you supply them, I'll be back to tell you that it won't be longer necessary.

Regards,
Andrés

May 6, 2019 at 1:21 pm #3748915

Andrés
Supporter

Hello again,

I've been checking this situation on your FAQ page but it seems to be on the right order. Maybe it just happens in one translation? If so, which language is that?

Thanks again for your help!
Andrés

May 6, 2019 at 4:51 pm #3751309

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks Adriano, however I'm not sure if you received my last message. 🙂
Regards

May 7, 2019 at 10:33 am #3756459

Adriano

Here I am,

FAQ (the translation is not in the right order in all languages, I view the answer first and then the question, in the last part I view the answer first, then 2 questions and an answer is missing)

Photo in costume (the translation is not in the right order in all languages, I view the section titles first and then the sections themselves)

Waiting for your response,
Adriano

May 7, 2019 at 11:21 am #3756973

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks Adriano, I've been checking your FAQ page and:

1. There was a slight modification into the missing question from NO! to No! (screenshot 1) and that's why it was missing in our Translation Editor, although the translation still displays correctly on the front-end as expected.

For making it appear again, I've added a small modification (blank space) on the missing question and it is ready for translation again (screenshot 2).

2. About the order, I'm afraid this is an expected behaviour. This FAQ block created a shortcode like the following:

[vc_toggle title="Second toggle"]Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.WPML[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row]

WPML strips that code and takes the content first. Then it needs to convert the title attribute, Second toggle, into something translatable.

On the other hand, it makes sense from a translator point of view that the title appear first that the content.

I'm asking for a confirmation from our devs and I'll be back as soon as I have more news.

May 7, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3760145

Andrés
Supporter

I've just received a feedback which says that this issue should be improved. Could you please install your WP Bakery Page Builder on the following Sandbox site?
hidden link

Thank you for your help, Adriano!

May 8, 2019 at 9:31 am #3765047

Adriano

1. The "0" error I had corrected months ago, I do not understand why it remained.
I have fixed the translation, but there are other elements translated but without check. Yet yesterday I translated it to 100%.

2. if WPML takes the content first, why don't I see the elements in order in the translation? Even if there are shortcodes, WPML should still take the elements in order.

Do I just have to copy the FAQ and photo in costume pages using edit with WP Bakery Page Builder? Or do I need to install the entire site and plugins?

May 8, 2019 at 9:48 am #3765241

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Adriano,

So far, I only need your help installing WP Bakery Page Builder, then, I'll reproduce the issue with the FAQ block and escalate it.

Thank you for your help.
Andrés

May 8, 2019 at 9:50 am #3765261

Adriano

Ciao Andrés,

I installed WP Bakery Page Builder and also added the 2 pages.

I hope you can find the problem.
Adriano

May 8, 2019 at 10:55 am #3765747

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks a lot for your help, Adriano. I was able to reproduce this situation again. 🙂

I'll transfer this case to our 2nd tier support as, even if you can translate your content, our compatibility team was working in improving this workflow a few time ago and it should have been already solved. Thus, we may be experiencing some edge case that was not considered which is affecting the order displayed for the FAQ block in our Translation Editor.

Thanks again for your help and I'll keep you updated. 🙂
Ciao,
Andrés

May 13, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3799369

Adriano

Ciao Andrés, how is been your week end? 😉

Some news?

Ciao,
Adriano

May 13, 2019 at 4:40 pm #3800655

Andrés
Supporter

Hey Adriano, 🙂

It was a nice and sunny weekend, I really enjoyed it. I hope you also have had a nice one!

I have just checked the status of your ticket and it may take a while, I'll keep you inform of any news.

Regards,
Andrés

June 19, 2019 at 10:12 am #4050553

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Adriano,

I got a response of our development and UX team. As we have discussed it before, the question for the FAQ's is part of the attribute and the answer is in the shortcode content:

[vc_toggle title="Question"]
    Answer
[/vc_toggle]

They have agreed that despite that the title is an attribute, the attributes, in general, are something secondary than the content in such a shortcode. Thus, if they change this structure, it will affect other shortcodes where the main content is added on the shortcode and not as an attribute.

That being said, I'm afraid that it won't be modified and you should keep translating your FAQ modules as it is so far. You can also request a feature request to be considered on the future:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Thank you very much for your understanding. 🙁

Regards,
Andrés