Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
November 15, 2023 at 6:28 pm #14819755

Dudu

Hi Mohamed,
It worked… I updated wpml but now the Yoas SEO element in the pages and posts is not working. Please find screenshot attached.
Thanks

November 15, 2023 at 6:32 pm #14819805

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I couldn't find this in the known issues between WPML and Yoast SEO (https://wpml.org/plugin/yoast-seo/)

I also tested installing the latest versions of WPML and Yoast, but I couldn't reproduce the issue. Kindly see here: hidden link

The debug info of your site shows that you're using an outdated version of Yoast, please create a full backup of the database and website then update Yoast plugin to the latest version and check again.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

November 15, 2023 at 6:34 pm #14819809

Dudu

Hi,
I did update the Yoast SEO as well as the wpml plugin and the issue is still there…
It only appeared after I updated wpml

November 15, 2023 at 6:37 pm #14819815

Mohamed Sayed

Please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, then click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

❌ Make sure that you have a full database and website backup before trying the above steps ❌

November 15, 2023 at 6:44 pm #14819821

Dudu

Hi,
I followed all the steps you requested but the issue is still there…

November 15, 2023 at 7:55 pm #14820241

Mohamed Sayed

1. Please provide me with the WordPress debug.log, this will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

And change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings which is recommended on a live site.
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

Then try to reproduce the issue and check if any errors were saved to the debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory
If you can paste your debug.log to https://pastebin.com/ and provide me that link, it would be great!

2. Could you please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps?

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

November 15, 2023 at 9:26 pm #14820741

Dudu

Hi,
I followed all the requires steps. Here is the debug.log
https://pastebin.com/2pTyxrrs
After deactivating all the plugins and changing the theme the issue is still there...

November 16, 2023 at 8:10 am #14822591

Mohamed Sayed

The log shows errors from the Enfold theme only, could you please disable WPML temporarily and check if you still see the same issue?

November 16, 2023 at 8:51 am #14823083

Dudu

The issue is still there after I disabled WPML. So I guess it's an issue related to the theme… Although I have the latest version and in other websites with the same plugins without any issues...
Thanks a lot for your help
Oriol

November 16, 2023 at 10:47 am #14824527

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Oriol,

Since it's not fixed when WPML is disabled, I don't think it's related to the WPML update.

I suggest contacting Enfold support and sharing the issue with them, maybe they're aware of the issue and can provide a quick fix.

Dudu confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-16 10:55:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.