This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 12, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3793571

henryM-3

I can answer yes to your questions. Right after I sent the support ticket, the custom fields appeared, but they do not appear in the original ad published in English. I am also having other issues related to the translation

1. unable to change the Featured Listing heading text on the homepage even though it is translated.
2. The Featured/Sold ad color doesn't appear on the translated ad on the Spanish homepage.
3. The Additional Information about the ads no longer appears on the English ad page.
4. The Buy My Hair button has disappeared from the active ads.

I have deactivated all the plugins and activated them one at a time to see if that would restore the pages, but that didn't work either.

May 12, 2019 at 6:56 pm #3793573

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In this ticket, we will handle the 'The Additional Information about the ads no longer appears on the English ad page' issue.
I'm not sure that this issue is related to WPML. I'll explain now why I suspect so. If the 'Additional Information' ('ClassiPress - Single Listing Custom Fields' widget) disappears from the English language which is the default language, this might not be related to WPML.
Could you please try and see if the 'Additional Information' shows again if the temporarily deactivate WPML?

If you believe that WPML causes this issue then could you please see if the issue can be replicated on the test site here?
hidden link
If you can reproduce it, please tell me the exact steps on how to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 12, 2019 at 8:41 pm #3793897

henryM-3

I have tried deactivating WPML and when I do, I am unable to see the Spanish translated pages.

To reproduce the problem you'll need to foollow these steps.

- On the Dashboard, go to Ads >> Categories and create a new category
- Then go to Ads >> Forms and create a new form.
- Go back to Ads >> Forms. Here you will see two icons to the right. Click the icon in the middle, the frorm with the pencilto associate the new from with the new category. There is a check box for this. This will associate the new orm with posting an ad.
- Navigate to the home page and click create a ad at the top right-hand corner and follow the step.
- When you get to the ad details page switch the language to Spanish, the details won't be the same as the English page.

May 13, 2019 at 10:35 am #3796995

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I've followed your steps, but I think that you missed the step to translate the ad from English into Spanish after that it was created. In any case, I've translated the new ad that I created by pressing the 'Post an ad' button on the homepage, and in my opinion, it is the same issue. The additional information is missing. You can see the English ad here.
hidden link
And the Spanish translation here.
hidden link
The 'My additional information' section is missing, and it is the same issue as in the original ticket. The already escalated issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split:The Additional Information about the ads no longer appears on the English ad page’ is closed to new replies.