This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alanP-10 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4232101

alanP-10

When I add more than one image to an ACF Gallery field I get the following error in the wp-admin above he field in question:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 9]
SELECT wpml_translations.translation_id, wpml_translations.element_id, wpml_translations.language_code, wpml_translations.source_language_code, wpml_translations.trid, wpml_translations.element_type FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations JOIN wp_posts p ON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type) JOIN wp_icl_translations tridt ON tridt.element_type = wpml_translations.element_type AND tridt.trid = wpml_translations.trid WHERE 

(it cuts the error short)

What might be causing this?

July 18, 2019 at 5:47 am #4235111

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

Please secure a backup of your site and database,

- Update WPML and all its add ons to the latest version, check if that helps.

We have a known issue with Gallery fields for which we pass some workaround solution but the error displayed is quite new to me. Please let me know the results with the update, I will proceed further based on your inputs.

Kind regards
Raja

July 18, 2019 at 8:12 am #4235937

alanP-10

I updated the plugins and it has resolved my issue. Thank you!