This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
May 19, 2017 at 7:10 am #1279787

gentianG

Dear Support,

I have a wordpress site, using WPML, installed on windows server. After installing SSL, backend works fine but in front-end error 404 is shown.
On fresh install of wordpress, everything looks fine.

This is the reason i would like to discuss with your support this issue?
Does WPML affect the process on windows servers?
I have tested on linux server and everything works fine.

What would you suggest in this case?

Kind Regards,

May 21, 2017 at 11:22 am #1280990

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for contacting wpml support forum.

This is Ankit from wpml support team, I will assist you with this issue further, hope this is fine. 🙂

For better assistance, I would request you to provide me the debug information​ of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Could you please let me know if same issue happens when wpml plugins are deactivated​?

There is no known issue of wpml with SSL, so I would request you to kindly check if you deactivate wpml plugins, does it fixes the problem?

Please let know your response.

Regards,
Ankit

May 22, 2017 at 8:34 am #1281278

gentianG

Hello,

Thank you for your quick support.
Issue is not present in the moment i disable WPML plugins.
Another thing i would like to add is, in the backend of wordpress, url-s get SSL, but in the front end it redirects me on 404 page when i call hidden link, and if i call hidden link it gives me a blank page.
We don't have URL redirects or other configurations, only default web config file.
and htaccess file.

Kind Regards,

May 22, 2017 at 2:26 pm #1281782

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Sumit! Ankit is not available so I will help you with this ticket! I hope it is fine.

This might be a problem with www or non-www domain. Your backend runs on non-www version and front-end running with www.
Also, site URL and home URL does not include https in URL.
Can you please go to Settings > General: and set the site URL and home URL e.g. hidden link

Please make a backup of site files and database (Just a good practice!)

Also, I really wonder it is WPML issue? WPML does not play with site URLs especially in the primary language.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] SSL Certification’ is closed to new replies.