This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: SSL Mixed Content since using CDN

Solution: Not WPML related. The customer used "Really simple SSL" and clear Cloudflare cache.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by klausE-8 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 10:03 am #2793699

klausE-8

I created a WP multilanguage site with HTTPS. Everything worked fine.

Since I'm using cloudflare CDN, I got SSL Mixed content errors with WPML.

In the front end of my page, I could fix it with the Plugin "Really Simple SSL". In the WP-back end I can fix it and it make my back end not to work properly anymore.

Attached please find so error messages.

October 8, 2018 at 10:29 pm #2797487

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
Using "Really Simple SSL" you should have no problems in the backend either. Can you please clear all sort of caches in your site: plugin cache (if any) / CDN cache (if any) / browser cache and then check, it will hopefully resolve the issue as we have solved such issues before in the same way.

Let me know if that helps,
Ricardo

October 9, 2018 at 10:14 am #2799413

klausE-8

Hi Ricardo,

thanks for your answer.
I deleted all kind of cache. Nothing changed.

The issue wasn't caused through "Really simple SSL".
The issue firstly happend after activating the CDN.

My first try to solve the issue was installing "Really simple SSL", which solved the issue on front end. But on back end it still occurs.

October 9, 2018 at 3:40 pm #2800855

Ricardo Alday

So this might be an issue with the CDN. Did you purge the cache in the CDN settings too? Check this article for more info: hidden link

October 9, 2018 at 6:50 pm #2801618

klausE-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
I changed some CDN settings. Now I'm using full ssl instead of flexible.. Now it's working again.