This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 31, 2019 at 3:06 pm #4491175

raymondL-8

I am trying to: Have the Stars rating shown on the shop page and category page of all languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: To see star ratings on both pages.

Instead, I got:The traditional Chinese(Default language) and the Simplified Chinese showing the star ratings but not english interface.

September 1, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4492567

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Raymond,

Can you tell me if you made the stars appear in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese, please?

The ratings stars are usually created based on the reviews of a product. Have you tried to add a rating to an English product and check again the main shop page (in English)? This time, the stars should be visible. Please give this a try and tell me how things work.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 2:53 am #4493995

raymondL-8

Dear Radu,

Thx for the reply! But i found it a bit strange here.

1. The home page of English showing all the stars rating
2. The Shop page of English doesnt show any stars rating
3. But then when you click on the category of the shop page, then it shows the star rating.

And i have a multi language review plugin which shows all language review, and i dont have problem with any of the above pages in the other two languages.

Please kindly advise,
Thx so much for your support!
Ray

September 3, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4504531

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ray,

The only plugin for multi-language review is this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-comments/. Can you tell me if this is the plugin that you're using too, please? If not, please tell me which plugin you're using and I'll have a look.

Thanks,
Radu

September 4, 2019 at 3:48 am #4508251

raymondL-8

Dear Radu,

Yes, this is the plugin that i am using, https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-comments/

Please kindly look into it.

Thank you so much for your support!
Best
Ray

September 5, 2019 at 6:52 am #4515757

Radu
Supporter

Hey Ray,

By default, WPML is made to display the ratings for each product in just one language. This means that ratings from English will not be used in the Chinese page.

As I can see, the plugin that you're using is supposed to change this behavior and make the ratings be displayed over all the languages. Since this functionality is not a part of our plugin, I think that you should reach out the Multilingual Comments plugin authors (it's not developed by us), and ask them to have a look at your issue. I tried to investigate this but since I'm not familiar with the plugin code, I wasn't able to find out what's causing this. This is why I'm recommending you to reach out the plugin authors.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Stars Product Rating is not showing on the Shop page of English interface’ is closed to new replies.