Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 14, 2019 at 10:40 pm #3089923

charleneR-2

I am trying to:
I have 3 different translators translating this site for me. It is very confusing to see the accurate status of the various jobs. For example, when I am logged in as the Translation Manager, I can see the first string, "All rights reserved." has all three translations completed and it the status says, "Translations complete". Then if I log out, and then back in as a translator, looking at that very same string it says "Not translated". This is very confusing to them and for me to manage them. We aren't seeing the same status. They shouldn't have to open up the translations to see if they are done or not because it says Not translated even when it is.

For another string "/boat-lights" As Translation Manager I can see that 2 of the 3 needed languages have been completed and it says "Waiting for translator". That makes sense to me. But when one of the translators who have finished that translation logs in, for her it still says "Waiting for Translator" even though hers is completed. That is confusing for her. Is that how it is supposed to work? It isn't helpful to the translators.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
My screen captures.

I expected to see:
I expect the status to say "Translations complete" when all of them are complete. When I click save to change it. I expected it to stay that way.
Instead, I got: confusing status messages.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.35.05 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.23.29 PM.jpg
January 15, 2019 at 8:53 am #3091461

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi There,

Welcome to our forum, I will be handling your ticket.

I am unable to reproduce the issue in my local setup. I need to investigate it further for that I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behavior?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:

January 16, 2019 at 7:21 am #3096315

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Charlene,

Thanks for the detailed report of the error, Let me check this with our second tier supporter if they can help in this issue. Meanwhile, I will check the translation progress issue. I will let you know once I have an update.

Best regards
Raja

January 16, 2019 at 7:39 am #3096332

charleneR-2

FYI, seavision.makewaves.work is just a development version of the site for testing purposes. I don't really want to experiment on the live site and am hoping to figure out the problems I'm having offsite first. thanks again.

January 16, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3098087

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Charlene,

Regarding the translation status for the translator with subscriber role, I have escalated the issue to the second tier support. I will let you know the status once I have an update.

Regarding your second issue, I would like to request you to create a new ticket as we have an issue escalate and it will be good if we can focus on that particular issue in this thread. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need further assistance, you can assign it directly to me. In that way, you don't have to wait and we can continue working on it.

Best regards,
Raja

January 21, 2019 at 5:29 pm #3113473

charleneR-2

Hi Raja, I'm wondering if you ever heard back from second tier support. I have created another ticket for my most important issue which has to do with the ATE not saving and changed pages from in progress to complete. I'm still waiting to hear back from them and I hope it is soon. While not critical at this time, it would still be nice if completed string translations showed as complete instead of not translated to the translators so they can easily see what they still need to translate. Thanks.

January 22, 2019 at 5:41 am #3114937

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Charlene,

Thanks for checking in, The issue is now assigned and our developers are taking a look into it. I'm closely following the ticket for any updates. I will let you soon once I get an update from the developers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Raja

January 22, 2019 at 7:36 pm #3118014

charleneR-2

This might help you. With my previous issue solved (the ATE was not completing jobs) - now that they are complete, when viewed in WPML translations - the status shows "Waiting for translator". I am logged in as a Translation Manager who also is assigned as a translator of all three extra languages. I know for sure that the Underwater Lights page has been completed in all extra languages. I did it myself. It shows perfectly on the website. However, the status still shows "Waiting for translator". If I click the Translate button I see everything is green and shows complete. If I back out, I see the status is changed to "in progress". If I were to Finish it again and mark it complete again, then the status shows as Complete with a green checkmark. However, if I then look at something else and come back to this screen, the Underwater Lights page will then show up as "Waiting for translator" again. It is not accurate.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.29.11 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.28.22 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.27.11 AM.jpg
January 23, 2019 at 6:18 am #3119048

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Charlene,

Thanks for the detailed information. As I can see there are two issues one with translation management with ATE and another with string translation for the translator. The issue that I have escalated is with string translation for translator (subscriber). I was able to isolate the issue with string translation in a sandbox and our developers have identified the issue and made a debug they are now working on a fix.

Regarding the issue with ATE, this will be approached differently since it involves ATE server and REST API, it seems there is a regression. The issue needs to be isolated in order to confirm and taken to our developers.

I see that your previous ticket with ATE issue is closed if you wish you can ask to reopen the ticket and continue working on the issue with the supporter. In case if you have a ticket opened for it, our supporters will help you isolate the issue. or if you need any help from me you can directly assign the ticket to me. I will try my best to resolve your issue.

Kind regards,
Raja.

January 23, 2019 at 6:31 am #3119064

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Charlene,

I got an update The ticket has been further escalated to our developer's team. I will let know as soon I have any further update on the status of the issue.

Kind regards,
Raja

January 24, 2019 at 3:43 am #3123398

charleneR-2

Thank you. I noticed that there were updates to the 4 WPML plugins I am using but unfortunately the issue of not showing the accurate status is still a problem. I'll wait for an update from you.

February 15, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3206419

charleneR-2

I have some feedback for you. This only pertains to String Translations. Currently all three of my translators have completed all of their string jobs. All of them show as "Not translated". However, I sent one new job and it accurately shows a status of "Waiting for translator".

February 21, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3229630

charleneR-2

I just installed all of your recent updates and the status for String translations is still incorrect. Completed strings are showing "Waiting for translator". I have a suggestion. It would be nice to see the visual icons like the green checkmark, etc. that you use in WPML "Translations" queue- for consistency.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 11.09.50 AM.jpg
February 22, 2019 at 6:05 am #3230998

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Charlene,

Thank you for your suggestion. The issue is still in our developer's queue Since our developers are working on other priority tasks which are showstoppers and bugs they will get back to this issue once the priority list is normalized.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Kind regards
Raja