Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 12:33 am #3859389

joshuaK-9

When I select Spanish, I want to be able to stay in the language when I go to another page that has translations as well. But it goes back to english. can you tell me what setting I need to have? for instance for the Browzer Language Redirect or for anything else. Is it because I do not have a language switcher on the page? I just want to have the button I made on the home page the switch the language and then have it stay that language.

hidden link

May 22, 2019 at 7:13 am #3861733

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I noticed that the urls from this page hidden link does not reflect the translated page url. That's is when clicking these links will redirect you to the English page.

For example, the 'Por Qué St. Rose' has the href value of hidden link while it should be hidden link

All links should be translated so you will get right translation of the page when clicking these links, thus preserving the current language of the site.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 22, 2019 at 3:18 pm #3867051
joshuaK-9

I see that when I click on your last link, It takes me to the right location (besides having the nectar slider disabled) does that mean I have to go into the spanish home page, click "Edit Anyway" and fix all the links to the buttons?

That is what I did for my custom language button in the header. If yes to the above and to solve the nectar slider issue, does that mean I have to create a spanish nectar slider and input it into my "por-que-st-rose" page?

Also how can I translate theme settings, for instance the footer call to action button that is added through the Salient theme and not necessarily through page elements?

Thank you!

New threads created by Dennis and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-theme-settings-e-g-footer-call-to-action-button/

May 23, 2019 at 6:13 am #3871427

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I don't think you need to create a nectar slider.

It seems to me that the nectar button element url does not appear on translation editor? if this is the case you may need to integrate the pagebuilder shortcodes first so it will appear to translation editor.

Please check this documentation to learn more about this.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

I have created a new ticket to cover your second question as it needs a different troubleshooting process. Also, as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will make my reply on that ticket in a few moments.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Stay in the language when a language is selected’ is closed to new replies.