Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.22 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4616173

jeannetteM

Hi

I am trying to use sticky links while continuing to edit pages with Avia Layout Builder (Enfold's Page Builder).

When I try to insert a link in a Avia text block, I select the text to be linked, click on the link icon in the editor and search for the target page. I expect to see that the absolute link is converted to a relative one using the page id at the latest when I click the update/publish button.

Instead, the absolute urls remain unconverted all the time. As soon as I disable Avia Layout Builder an switch to the classic editor, I can insert the links following the previously mentioned steps and all the links are converted correctly.

Hope you can help me with this issue. Many thanks!

September 23, 2019 at 9:28 am #4621939

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Seems like there is a new compatibility issue with Avia builder, However, I would like to test this in a clean environment. Please upload The theme with the builder to the sandbox site

One Click Login:hidden link

Please follow these steps
- WPML and sticky links are already installed
- Try reproducing the issue in the sandbox site.

Let me know once done

Kind regards
Raja

September 23, 2019 at 9:58 am #4622135

jeannetteM

Hi

Thanks for setting up the sandbox site.

I've just uploaded and activated the latest version of the template. After that, I inserted a new link with the following steps:
1. new page "Test Page" created
2. Avia Layout Builder activated
3. text block inserted
4. created link to sample page in text block
5. page published

The link remains absolute.

I've repeated the previous steps on a new page called "Test Page 2" without activating Avia Layout Builder and the link gets successfully converted upon publishing the page.

Many thanks!

September 24, 2019 at 5:12 am #4628067

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I think this is expected behavior since the avia builder doesn't save the content directly to the pages but as a custom field and sticky links works only on the page content.

However, I have requested clarification on this regard from the second tier I will keep you posted with any updates.

October 11, 2019 at 11:22 am #4737453

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The issue is now escalated to our compatibility team for a detailed investigation.

October 25, 2019 at 3:27 am #4823771

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The issue has been further escalated to our developers, I am afraid we don't have any workaround solution. As of now, the status is sticky links don't work with Enfold Avia page builder.