This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 43 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
June 13, 2016 at 4:21 pm #910104

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Sorry but I mentioned in my last reply that the new version which will have a fix for your issue, have been postponed for future versions 3.5, and this has not been released yet.

The developers are not neglecting your issue, but the developers must prioritize things.

Sorry for that again, I will send them a message describing the situation again, and will update you if there is any news.
Bet Regards.

June 14, 2016 at 7:07 am #910562

richardK-11

Thanks Ahmed, It wasn't clear from your previous post that issue would be fixed in v3.5. Do you have a roadmap? Or when can we expect this version to be released? I need to feed this back to the client also.

June 15, 2016 at 10:30 am #913290

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I can see that the developers have changed the status of your escalated ticket and start working on it, but I don't have the exact ETA for that now, but I will update you soon I get any new info.

Best Regards

July 19, 2016 at 8:11 am #964932

richardK-11

Hi Ahmed,

Do you have an ETA on version 3.5 yet? We have a pretty big site and all of our URLs in en_US break due to "duplicates" in en_UK. So it's quite a major issue for us and constantly causing issues.

Thanks,

July 19, 2016 at 11:41 am #965393

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for your patience.

We have started today the QA cycle for the new sticky links plugin, and it should be released soon, but unfortunately I don't have the exact date for that. I totally understand your business needs and please consider that our developers are making their best to release the new version 3.5 as soon as possible.

Thanks for understanding.
Best Regards.

August 2, 2016 at 10:07 am #986105

richardK-11

Hi Ahmed,
I have just installed and tested the v3.5b1, but the issue has not been resolved. Links that we add in en_US, still get linked to en_UK pages by the plugin.

August 2, 2016 at 1:09 pm #986383

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this I will test it now and will update you soon.

Best Regards.

August 2, 2016 at 1:53 pm #986517

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have tested the issue and can't replicate it on a clean installation, everything worked fine for me, so we would like to test it on your installation, For this, you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

August 17, 2016 at 7:11 am #1006249

richardK-11

I tested the beta package and it was not resolved.

What test scenario did you use to test the issue?

Please look at my initial post in this thread:

"The issues now is that e.g. "Post ABC" exists in both languages (with the same title). When we are in US and select the page (the url that shows is correct) and then save the page, it is replaced by the ID from the UK site, so the wrong URL."

It happens when languages have the exact same URL string (apart from language) and the exact same title.

August 17, 2016 at 12:41 pm #1006883

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Please find my steps here: hidden link

Best Regards.

September 15, 2016 at 7:27 am #1080951

richardK-11

Thanks Ahmed, I see it works like that on your side, I will try and provide a similar example for you where you can see it breaks on our side with the latest code.

September 16, 2016 at 3:37 pm #1083894

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for following.

Please make sure that you are using the latest versions and let me know when you prepare your test

Best Regards.

September 26, 2016 at 7:57 am #1099463

richardK-11

Dear Richard,

This is the support cleanup robot, making sure that nothing is left behind or forgotten. I see that you have an open support thread that’s been waiting for feedback for one week now.

September 26, 2016 at 10:39 am #1099860

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I'm replying here to keep the ticket open, please let me know when you finish your test.

Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Sticky links plugin doesn't function properly, gets wrong ID.’ is closed to new replies.