Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by fulvioP 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 17, 2018 at 11:56 am #2174840

fulvioP

On Spanish page the sticky menù on the left lost the position when the page is translate from italian. English is ok.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see like english : hidden link

May 18, 2018 at 9:04 am #2188625

fulvioP

Any news ?

May 20, 2018 at 11:47 am #2196660

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, apologize for the delay in answering. We are a bit loaded lately, but working hard to get back to normal. Another colleague will take care of the ticket as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I would like to provide some hints and debugging steps to move things forward.

Is the menu translated? It looks that English and Italian use the same menu (translated) but Spanish don't. Can you please check that?

Take a look at this documentation about translating menus, please:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Let us know if this points you in the right direction, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

May 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm #2196779

fulvioP

Hello Otto,
thank you for your reply.
Ok now I translate the menu' .. but this is connected to th faults that I have ?
Ps. I have the same issues also in english where I have the translated menù.

Let me know
Thank you

May 20, 2018 at 12:24 pm #2196787

fulvioP

Now with translated menù, you can check the problem in this page :

hidden link

Let me know

May 21, 2018 at 8:56 am #2199578

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I will be taking care of this ticket further.

It seems the page templates is different or has been changed while translating so the issue is happening, could you please check this sticky translated menu on a different page and let me know if that helps.

Also, could you please attach few screenshots showing how this sticky menu is used in the page as well as how the page is translated?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 21, 2018 at 9:27 am #2200073

fulvioP

Hello for example you Can check this page where the menu is working :
hidden link

May 22, 2018 at 2:54 pm #2209130

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 23, 2018 at 10:31 am #2214446

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please check the issue now, I have fixed the issue on your site.

It seems like somehow the page settings were corrupted creating the issue. The following steps were used to fix the issue:
1) Open the page which has the problem.
2) Click on Edit, since it's translation, the editor will load and a popup window will showup with options like open in translation editor, or edit anyway, click on edit anyway and click update
3) Now go to default language and update it.
4) Update the translations too clicking on the pencil icon.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

May 25, 2018 at 5:16 pm #2231251

fulvioP

I edit again the page but this is another wpml bug.
Take care of it.
Thank you