Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

===Problem=== Blank screen appears when user try to save anything on WPML settings page.

===Solution=== Disable RokAjaxSearch. There is a JavaScript error cause by including plugin scripts on WPML settings page.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steve 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Przemysław.

Author Posts
October 6, 2015 at 7:42 am #718480

steve

Hi - I got a solution yesterday from Przemysław - and closed the thread. However, when I went into the site the problem persists.

I am unable to complete the language set up - any changes I make to the set up page cannot be saved - all I get is a blank screen.

For example - I cannot change the order of the languages, and whichever option I choose to add a language switcher I still get the blank screen when clicking on the next button....

In my closed thread from yesterday you have a private message with all my log in details.... thanks

October 6, 2015 at 8:14 am #718499

Przemysław

Hello again,

I will take a look at your website and I will let you know when I find the solution.

Thank you

October 6, 2015 at 8:25 am #718504

Przemysław

Hello,

Can you please tell me if the site is live? I would like to make a backup of it and check if there is any problem with plugins (by disabling them). I can also check this on my local server, but this can be a problem with hosting configuration. Please let me know which options is the best for you.

Thank you

October 6, 2015 at 8:35 am #718514

steve

Hi Przemysław,

The site is on a building server - so it is live but not public - you can work on the live site - no worries.

Thanks

October 6, 2015 at 9:02 am #718543

Przemysław

Hello,

I found what causes the problem. It is the plugin called 'RokAjaxSearch'. When it is enabled you can see an error in Console (F12 > Switch tab to "Console"):

Uncaught TypeError: (intermediate value).setHSpace is not a function

It is due to conflict with wp_rokajaxsearch\js\mootools.js The way they include the JavaScript is not the recommended way by WordPress. You may ask on their support forum to fix this issue and please ask them to include JavaScript only on their admin page. Because it is not needed on WPML page.

If you disable this plugin, everything works fine. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

October 6, 2015 at 9:10 am #718551

steve

Many thanks - I'll check and let Rok know also

Appreciate the help!

Oooops - spoke to soon and marked as resolved.

I'm still seeing the same issues... I thought it might be a cache problem so tried in FF - same problem... are you able to complete the config?