This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 14, 2019 at 9:04 pm

julienB-11

Hi !

It seems there are still incompatibilities between wpml and elementor pro theme builder:

- when using different headers for different sections using elementor display condition : if I use the 'child of a page' display condition : the specific header is displaying as expected in the main language, but not in the secondary language : so to make it work I had to manually add all the child pages in the display condition, where this header should be displayed and now it works in the second language...

- when I try to translate the footer, (when I add the english version of the footer with wpml) (footer which is the same all over the website), it seems to broke the custom headers : the Elementor headers disappear and are replaced by the Astra theme default header.
To make the header appears again, I had to trash the footer and to make a new one again just in the main language (french) (by copy-paste the content of the trashed one).

Also, I already contacted the Elementor support and they said to contact you, here's their answer :

" To provide some further details about this issue, if you are using a more specific display condition (for example assigning it to a specific page/post) other than entire site within the theme builder WPML does not retrieve the ID of the translated template which results in this issue for the secondary language(s).

Our senior customer support personnel has informed us that our developers have worked with the development team for WPML to resolve this issue which enlightened us on a final filter needed for WPML which was introduced in Elementor Pro 2.2.

Our development team has created a hook in Elementor for WPML to utilize to add compatibility for Elementor Pro but they have not utilized this hook up until this time.

I would recommend contacting WPML and making them aware of this to see if they have a possible solution available. "

bellow you will find the credential of a copy of the website, for you to replicate the bug/test it :

please tell me that there's is a solution and if you planned to integrate this elementor hook !!!
thanks
Julien

July 15, 2019 at 9:35 am #4209247

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

It seems the issue Elementor's team is referring to was solved indeed: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-elementor-conditional-exclusions-do-not-work/#post-2921098

However, this might be a regression, so I would ask you to replicate the issue here: hidden link
If you manage, I'll send the ticket to our compatibility team to further check the issue.

July 15, 2019 at 2:50 pm #4212377

julienB-11

Hi Laura,
can I install a copy of my web site here wilth all in one migration ?

July 15, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4212483

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

no, we need to see if the issue is reproducible or not. If it is - it's a bug/compatibility issue, otherwise, it's a problem on your site only.

If you install a copy it won't help, in case we need a copy we have other ways to take it.

July 15, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4212687

julienB-11

ok, so I'll install elementor and astra and do the same kind of settings

July 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4212839

Laura
Supporter

Yes, exactly. Thank you.

July 15, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4214153

julienB-11

Hi !

So I installed elementor pro and the Astra free theme
and made a main homepage which has the main header
and a section with sub child pages (stage in FR, interneship in ENG) which has the specific header
As you can see, it's working in French (footer in french, main header for french homepage and specfic header for stage ans stage children pages) , but in english, the header and footer stays in french in the homepage, and in the internship subsection they are not displaying the specific header, just the french main header... (and french footer)

is seems if I redo the display conditions in the english headers and footer, it cancels the display conditions in french, and vice versa...

July 17, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4231195

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you didn't activate String Translation nor Translation Management in the Sandbox, which are needed to translate Elementor correctly. I activated them and it seems the footer and the other elements are working. Can you confirm?

If so, this could be a problem with a 3rd party plugin, so I'd suggest doing a compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except Elementor, WPML and its addons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again

The topic ‘[Closed] Still incompatibilities between wpml and elementor pro theme builder’ is closed to new replies.