If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 9:44 pm #4054865

elizabethH

What are you trying to translate? I have done the translation

What are you seeing? (please include a screenshot) the screen for translation shows I have entered and saved my translation, but the site is still showing English content in this section.

What's missing or not working for you? String translation
I have entered all translations in the string translation. But text is still showing in English. Please see screenshot attached.

June 19, 2019 at 10:18 pm #4054985

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I'm happy to help and to make things faster, I would like to ask for your WordPress Login Details to your site.

I would also need permissions to enable/disable themes and possibly change some WPML settings.

IMPORTANT: Make a backup before providing the login details.

I've marked the next reply as private so that only you and I can see the details.

June 20, 2019 at 12:33 am #4055447

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for providing details.

Unfortunately, the login details didn't work.

Please follow the below steps to see if that resolves the issue.

1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the theme” and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
4. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select all plugins and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
5. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Now search for all the texts you want to translate and make sure all of those are translated and marked as complete.

June 26, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4093277

elizabethH

[removed]

Every time I try to update your Sting management plugin, it returns an error message:

I have entered all string translations as directed. Please note still having same issue:

please see issue on following Page: hidden link
please see READ MORE - Translation is completed in String but English still showing.

Please see issue of following page : hidden link
ADD COMMENT, POST COMMENT, translation in Sting is completed but English still showing.
Also Search bar is showing English as well and all translation in string is completed.

Thank you for going into our site and fixing this issue.

June 27, 2019 at 5:02 am #4096613

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

Unfortunately the code of the theme you are using seems very cryptic and I was unable to find any reason why the string translation is not working.

I was also unable to find your theme on our WPML compatible list:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

At this moment, I suggest you to contact the theme author in order make the theme compatible with WPML to get the string translation working.

I understand this may not the ideal response you were hoping for but that is all I have for you.

Please contact your theme author and let me know if you have any other questions for us!

July 3, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4136977

elizabethH

Good day Rajeeb, please see attached screenshot. In Fact this theme is compatible with WPML, that is one of the reasons I purchased it.
and Your Plug in. If you could kindly assist me with this.
I need your assistance with this issue. And I am not sure what you mean by Cryptic...
Your plugin when purchased mentions your own site mentions Satisfaction Guaranteed.
I am in need of your assistance please, not for you to pass me off to the theme developer.
I have not modified the theme in any way and as indicated, it is compatible with your plug in.

hidden link

July 4, 2019 at 6:42 am #4140497

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I do see that the theme has been listed as WPML compatible by the theme author but it hasn't been tested and confirmed by WPML. That is why the theme is not listed here:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I did review your site in my local installation and tried to debug the issue. However, I was unable to find why the String Translation is not working for the texts.

That is why I asked to you to contact the theme author. I hope this makes sense.

Please check in with your theme author and see if they can successfully translate the above mentioned texts with WPML String Translation since they have listed the theme as compatible.

Let me know if you have any other questions!