This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 11:35 pm #2785912

chrisM-32

Hi there,

I have been using your plugin to make my website have different pages for different countries. I want to stop google crawling these urls:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I have set it up so when you visit hidden link it shows the same as hidden link. This is to remove the .au and portray the site been international. This has been working fine but I have come across an issue. The problem is I want google to show hidden link when searching weathertex in new zealand. I have spoken to my SEO company and they said the problem is I have two primary domains hidden link and hidden link.

Basically I just want to stop google crawling hidden link etc. Is there a way to do with while still allowing google to crawl hidden link.

I hope all that makes sense.

Regards,
Chris
+61414014545
chris@mosfa.com.au
crmichael@live.com
Mosfa Web Solutions

October 5, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2791105

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

WPML doesn't have control over Google indexing or SEO. We just manage translations of content, so we can't help you with this.

The only thing I can suggest is to use your .com domain with WPML and set up the .com.au as a redirect, but I don't know if it's convenient for you from a SEO point of view. Then using robots meta or something like that you could prevent Google from indexing these pages.

Let me know if you need further assistance.