Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
We have a multilingual website which is connected with English & Arabic using WPML plugin in WordPress. As a default behavior, the website is redirecting to /en/ version which I need to stop, but the same time, /en/ should not be removed from any menu links. The overall expectation is to stop the redirection only in initial load.

Solution:
Go to WPML->Languages->Browser language redirects and verify that it has been disabled.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Emaar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 28, 2020 at 6:37 am #6235953

Emaar

We have a multilingual website which is connected with English & Arabic using WPML plugin in WordPress. As a default behavior, the website is redirecting to /en/ version which I need to stop, but the same time, /en/ should not be removed from any menu links. The overall expectation is to stop the redirection only in initial load.

For an example: If I type hidden link, currently it redirects to hidden link that needs to be stopped. I tried couple of workarounds advised in WPML forum but no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion.

May 29, 2020 at 12:22 am #6244301

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

That sounds like the Browser Language Redirection is enabled.

Go to WPML->Languages->Browser language redirects and verify that it has been disabled.

Let me know your results, please.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.