This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 30, 2018 at 5:09 am #1889653

elieH

We have many followers/subscribers to our blog, and they receive automatic emails whenever a post is published. We recently added Arabic translations to each post, but we're seeing that these translated posts are also being automatically sent to all subscribers.

Is there a way to stop the automatic emails for the Arabic language or posts?

May 1, 2018 at 7:35 am #1909058

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I have not enough information to help you with this issue.

1. Could you please let me know how you are making these automatic emails being sent to your blog's followers/subscribers?

2. Are you using an option that is built in WordPress or is it a plugin that is in charge of that?

I would like to try and replicate this on my local server.
3. Could you please tell me the steps on how I can replicate this issue?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.
NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate that you can provide the debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 4, 2018 at 6:45 am #1969168

elieH

Thank you Itamar for your feedback.

We are using the built-in WordPress system that sends automatic emails to subscribers and followers (through WordPress)

May 7, 2018 at 6:35 am #2003138

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Are you sure that the option to send emails to the site's subscribers/followers is built-in WordPress?
I was just searching for this option, and I could not find it. I've also made a test and created a user with the role of Subscriber and then published a post. But no mail was sent to this user. From my experience, the users of the site need to register to receive emails when a post is published, and there are plugins for this option.
If you could share with me please the exact steps on how to replicate this I would be able to help you better.
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Also, it would be helpful if you share with me the debug information of your site.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 8, 2018 at 5:17 am #2023228

elieH

Hi Itamar,

It's a widget that is freely available to add within WordPress. Previously, we were using WordPress.com (free) but now we're hosting our website on Wodrpress.org and so we've transferred all our followers/subscribers to our new website.

You can know about this "Follow Blog" widget here: hidden link

Once you have followers (through WordPress users) or subscribers (through email), then any new post will be automatically sent to their email addresses.

If this still doesn't clarify to you my issue, then I will revert to sending screenshots, etc.

Thanks

May 8, 2018 at 7:05 pm #2039002

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, I know that there many available widgets and plugins that for this purpose (let your site's users register for updates when a new post is published).
But to debug this issue properly, I need to know the exact widget that you are using.
Is it available to download here?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 9, 2018 at 4:42 am #2042841

elieH

It's 2 widgets: 1- Blog Subscriptions (Jetpack) 2- Follow Blog

In the free version of Wodpress.com it was: 1- Follow Blog 2- Follow Button

May 9, 2018 at 6:22 pm #2059745

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've discussed this issue with our second tier supporter, and he says that when publishing a translation of a post it is as if a new post was published. Therefore probably the plugin that you are using is sending an email to your site's subscribers about the new post in Arabic.
To not send the email in such case it is needed to add some condition to that the plugin to check if the post is a translation or not. And by this condition send or not send the email.

But unfortunately, we cannot do it for you. This would be out of the scope of this forum.
At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so, please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will probably get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2018 at 8:57 am #2113448

elieH

Thanks Itamar,

Are the certified partners you mentioned are service providers with a cost?

May 15, 2018 at 8:44 am #2131811

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Yes.
But you should know that they are independent contractors and not part of our company OnTheGoSystems.