This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:strange error in setting language url

Solution:This message you are seeing can often be a "false negative" , meaning that even though you are seeing this warning the site is still working as expected.

language in directories URL structure will not work on a site that has WP installed in a subdirectory, and best way to test if the language in directories is working as expected is by visiting the front end.

if you are not getting a 404, blank screen or 403 error then you can move forward and ignore this warning ?

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stefano Mogni 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 9:53 am

Stefano Mogni

I am trying to: set the language url to "directories"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

it works

Instead, I got:

but I get an error in the setting page saying it won't work!

May 23, 2018 at 7:49 pm #2218178

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

This message you are seeing can often be a "false negative" , meaning that even though you are seeing this warning the site is still working as expected.

language in directories URL structure will not work on a site that has WP installed in a subdirectory, and best way to test if the language in directories is working as expected is by visiting the front end.

if you are not getting a 404, blank screen or 403 error then you can move forward and ignore this warning ?

May 24, 2018 at 8:02 pm #2225277

Stefano Mogni

Thank you Bobby! Good to know it's a false negative.
Have a nice day
Stefano