This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 27, 2019 at 11:23 am #4293299

Bart

I am trying to get to grips with a message I get from Shield, a security plugin. Since a few days the plugin notifies me about Unrecognised Files. Like this one: wp-content/uploads/cache/wpml/twig/ca/cafbb017984dfab1e28665e2761556cc05848dc3c9de77ae411758eb6a8b3580.php

Because php files do not belong there I removed 3 files like this. They nevertheless return daily in the scan the plugin performs, with the exact same names.

Can you see what's teh issue here?

Thanks, Bart van Maanen

July 29, 2019 at 5:24 am #4297077

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Bart,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

The files inside the uploads/cache/wpml/twig folder are usually cache files that WPML uses to cache some pages/content, such as the language selector, for example. If you want to remove them, you can follow the steps below:

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Support → Troubleshooting link;
  • click the Clear the cache in WPML button;

Note that WPML will create the files again when you access the configuration pages and pages with the language selector on your site.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Strange php files in Uploads cache/wpml/’ is closed to new replies.