This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 9, 2018 at 6:35 am #2043796

jacopoC-4

After some time I'm entered into my website and see this strange string on frontend and backend:
{8ec9a9cc2c1f0011986b9684a178f7e0ed0928cd7e843e9897f8b2009fe8ce2d}s

I do some check:
- Wordfence say me that it's all ok
- Manual check it's all ok

I verified where is located and I see that into table wp_icl_string_translations there is this problem.
(attached image)

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Jacopo

May 9, 2018 at 6:36 am #2043829

jacopoC-4

I can't attach debug information but I have latest version of WordPress and WPML
Website: hidden link

May 10, 2018 at 7:32 am #2066546

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Have you recently migrated your site? Could you please attach few screenshots showing how it's showing on backend and front-end?

The issue seems unusual and it seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

I have enabled the debug information so you can send those details to us no.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 13, 2018 at 7:20 pm #2108569

jacopoC-4

Hi,
Yes it's a migrated site with WP Clone, but after migration everything it's ok, after some months appear this problem.

I enable debug but I can't find option for generate log as displayed in your screenshot (I attach my screenshot)

It's not a problem of plugin because I don't enable anything but i have this after some months.
DB attachment it's very strange, I think that the main problem is here.

Thanks,
Jacopo

May 14, 2018 at 3:53 am #2110736

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

This seems unusual, to further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

#1
Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

#2
It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

#3
If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 15, 2018 at 10:35 am #2135812

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

It seems somehow the database was corrupt which created the problem, I can see that the strings are also same in the database so I will like to ask you if you have the backup of your site before the error happened so we can revert it back.

I have handled one of such issues before and it all caused due to the migration of site, but since you mentioned the migration was working perfectly, it seems some other plugins or themes might have created conflict which resulted in such problems.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Strange strings in wp_icl_string_translations’ is closed to new replies.