We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreaM-108 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 10:23 pm #3677315

andreaM-108

Hello,

I am having an issue with the language switcher. You can see that on this page it is correct (hidden link), while on this page for example it is not correct (hidden link).

I checked within the page and noticed that the correct page has this sidebar settings (attachment 2), while the uncorrect has this sidebar settings (attachment 1).

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance for your support.

April 25, 2019 at 9:24 am #3680435

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

It seems that the translated page (hidden link) has lost connection with the page of the default language. Have you tried connecting it by selecting the corresponding page on the select box 'Questa e la traduzione per'?

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 25, 2019 at 10:35 am #3681195

andreaM-108

Hello,

Yes, I have tried already, but the issue is still there.

What should I do?

April 26, 2019 at 2:59 am #3687263

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 26, 2019 at 10:40 am #3689869

andreaM-108

I forgot to mention, the strange thing is that this issue doesn't occur on mobile version, but only on desktop.

April 29, 2019 at 8:07 am #3700817

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I have successfully created a duplicator package. I will download a copy and try deploy it on my local machine. Then I will continue debugging your site locally and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 29, 2019 at 9:06 am #3701433

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your waiting.

This seems to be a compatibility issue with your theme. Your theme utilizes a js script called super-guacamole which hides your menu items if they don't fit the menu width.

hidden link

To confirm this, we have to reproduce the issue on a clean install so I have created a test site for you. You can now access it using the link below.

hidden link

Could you please upload your updated theme, if possible try to replicate the issue. You do not have to recreate your site, just install the minimum necessary to reproduce the problem.

Please let me know once done so I can go and check. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 2, 2019 at 10:25 am #3723735

andreaM-108

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!