Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.96 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User notices a strange english string for "Shop Manager" user role. Solution: It is advised the client to delete the wrong coded string and re-scan current active theme and plugin Woocommerce Multilingual. It does work. At the end, the client updates the translation in the wp_user_roles_options table. It might be have possible to solve this issue by enabling the translation of the user role in WPML > String Translation. More Options section, and check "Stop amanger" user. Then search again for "stop manager" in String Translation.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by priitP-4 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
April 2, 2019 at 8:09 am #3514573

priitP-4

I noticed today that there is a strange translation for "Store Manager" to "Менеджер магазина"

I'll add a screenshot of it.
What may be the problem with Woocommerce's translation update or what?

April 2, 2019 at 11:37 am #3516617

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team.

It might be that some of your installation files have been slightly corrupted as these translations are usually loaded from .mo files. Did you notice if "shop manager" text was correctly displayed before updating Woocommerce?

As a solution, you may want to modify the translations. In that case, please, follow these steps:

1. Go to WPML > String Translation.
2. In the selector “Select strings with domain”, choose “default”.
3. In the “Search for” input field write “shop manager”. Click Search.
4. Click in “translations” for the “Shop Manager” row.
5. Write your translation for the desired languag. Remember to check “Translation is complete”.
6. Click Save.

Now, please check if the All Users page the shop manager role is properly displayed.

Do not hesitate to contact me in case you need further assistance, I’ll be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Oscar.

April 2, 2019 at 12:01 pm #3516801

priitP-4

Thanks, but no help.
Only if I translate that wiierd string: Менеджер магазина
then looks like work.
But where it come from?

All Best,
Priit

April 2, 2019 at 6:15 pm #3519743

Oscar Miras

Welcome back,

It might be a problem in the process of scanning one of the site’s files. I’ve noticed that the string is yet corrupted. You can try the following steps in order to re-scan the string and check if it correctly scanned. Please, perform a full backup of your site before trying it:

• Go to WPML String Translation and search again for the corrupted string.
  • Check the corrupted string and scroll down a little. Click then in “Delete selected strings”
  • Reload WPML String Translation and search again for the “shop manager” string to check if now it has been successfully scanned for the default domain.
  • In case you can’t find it, you can try to re-scan it. Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. In String in the themes section, check your currently active theme and scan for strings. Then, in String in the plugins section, check the Woocommerce and the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin and scan them for strings.
  • Go back to WPML Translation String and check if the “shop manager” text is loaded properly.

If you still get the corrupted string, you may look inside the files in your WordPress installation to check out where is this string coming from.

Do not hesitate to contact me in case you have more questions, I’m here to help.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Kind regards,
Oscar.

April 3, 2019 at 11:28 am #3525507

priitP-4

String deletion not helped me.
Have changed value inside database table wp_user_roles _options
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!