Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 22, 2019 at 8:27 pm #3233918

marnixv-2

Dear Mihai,

Thank you for the details to create a Migrate of my website. But I think that's a lot of extra work because the problem appears also in the sandbox version. hidden link... I don't feel comfortable with Migrations.

Marnix

February 25, 2019 at 5:44 pm #3241465

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi Marnix.

Sorry for the delay as there was the weekend and I don't work in that period of time.

The thing is that the old sandbox we worked on got automatically deleted (that's the normal process after a couple of days pass in order to keep things secure). Also, I tried to replicate the issue on a new sandbox but I was not able to replicate it.

Here is the sandbox product example I worked on: hidden link

I copied from your site just the theme and child-theme you are using (I enabled the child-theme exactly as you did on your site) and I can't experience the issue (I also installed WPML and WooCommerce).

So I don't know if the issue you see on your site at the moment is served from a cache that's saved somewhere on the server or if any extra coding creates that issue but in order for me to be able to send this issue to our compatibility team, I need to recreate it on an existing sandbox, with a minimal plugin install (having just the theme and the minimum plugins needed (WooCommerce + the WPML plugins).

That's what I did in the sandbox I shared with you above and I am not able to recreate it.

Would you be open to having me create a new sandbox for you and have you try to recreate this issue once again?

If we are able to recreate the issue, I will then be able to forward it to your compatibility team.

Please let me know and I will get back to you ASAP with a newly created sandbox.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 27, 2019 at 11:01 am #3249676

marnixv-2

Dear Mihai,

Yes please, create a sandbox to test.
I discovered that in my online version (hidden link) WooCommerce product reviews not showing in product detail page. In your sandbox version there is. hidden link Strange, what do you tihink?

Looking forward

Marnix

February 27, 2019 at 5:29 pm #3251688

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Marnix.

Here is the sandbox I created for you:
hidden link (one-click login)

Please set up WPML (installed already), WooCommerce (installed already) and the theme as you wish and try to recreate the issue.

Please let me know when that's done.

I will be waiting for your answer.

PS: Regarding the reviews, it might be the latest version I'm running on the sandbox maybe. It should work the same on this new sandbox I created for you, too.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 1, 2019 at 8:19 pm #3263136

marnixv-2

Dear Mihai,

1. I was trying to update all the WPML plugins because Woocommerce said I need to update WPML translation management & String Translations, otherwise it won't be functionise. I updated as much as I can, but the message for updateing is still there. [see images]

2. Can you activate Woocommerce in the sandbox. I don't know what to fill in in the 6 woocommerse setup steps. Next week I'm on a trip, can you extend the sandbox time with a week.

3. The review part is strange, why is it doesn't show up?! You said you use the latest version. But the latest version from what? Woocommerse, WPML, WordPress? Can you login in my WordPress enviorement, to have a little look?! I have only one test product, so you can't do much wrong.

Looking forward, it's frustrating this strange errors.

Marnix //

March 5, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3274245

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Marnix.

1. For those updates, I suggest that you follow the steps here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-update-wpml-updates/#post-3175708

Please follow the steps in order and if it doesn't work with the first steps, go forward to the manual update operation.

2. I set up WooCommerce as you asked. The sandbox will remain available as soon as someone logs into it. If 7 days pass and no one logged in, it will be automatically deleted. So as soon as you log into it from time to time, it will remain active.

3. The fact that the reviews showed on my setup while on yours they were not is strange indeed. However, that might be due to the fact I'm running on the latest WPML versions and also I just have a simple clean install, without any extra plugins besides WPML and WooCommerce.

Please let me know when the issue is replicated on the sandbox so that I can review it and in case the issue happens there, too, I will forward it to our compatibility department.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 11, 2019 at 8:49 am #3308693

marnixv-2

Dear Mihai,

1. Can you check for me the plugin setup of WPML in my website. I sent you earlier the login information. I don't know where to find WPML Translation Management and WPML String Translation. They are both not listed in the WPML overview. See image.

2. Thanks for setting up the woocommerce in the sandbox. The problem is that the 2 tabs are hiding the text of the product. See other image. I think the tabs are not displayed correctly.

Looking forward for your reply and I hope we find the solution soon.

Kind regards,

Marnix

March 12, 2019 at 3:34 pm #3324723

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Marnix!

Regarding point 1:

I logged into your site right now and I can't seem to find WPML String Translation and WPML Translation Management installed on your site. You would need to go to your WPML.org account here (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/), download and install them or just look at the screenshot I attached and you can install with just one click.

Regarding point 2:

From what I can see on the sandbox, the WPML was not set up yet so I set up WPML, too. You can now add the theme that you are using (make sure that you are using the latest version of that theme) and try to reproduce the same issue.

I also don't know what the other screenshot you attached is about as on the sandbox the description tab looks like in the other screenshot I just attached.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 14, 2019 at 2:35 pm #3345671

marnixv-2

Okay, now I understand that the easy download doesn't work. Because I need to upgrade my WPML. I thought Woocommerce was also supported in the $29 version. Can you confirm.

Regards,

Marnix

March 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm #3353955

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Marnix.

Yes! If you are using the Blog type of membership, there are a couple of limitations.

Here you can find a list of comparison between the different type of memberships:
https://wpml.org/purchase/

Indeed, String Translation and Translation Management don't come with the Blog-type membership.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 18, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3369857

marnixv-2

Hello Mihai, where can I find the list of comparison?! Looking forward, I see only a page where woocommerce is not listed.

Kind Regards,

Marnix

March 19, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3380085

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Marnix.

You should be able to find the table here:
https://wpml.org/purchase/

Kind regards,
Mihai