Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
November 15, 2019 at 12:32 am

johnM-63

I am trying to: translate a local pickup text in woocommerce.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Récupération à notre entrepôt

Instead, I got: Pickup at Our Warehouse

i followed the instructions from our previous tickets
eg https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-strings-are-shown-as-not-translated/

to add custom xml options (since the options that show by default in woocommerce so i added in these settings

<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_229_settings">
<key name="title"/></key>
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_228_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_227_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_226_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_225_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_224_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_223_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_222_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_221_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_220_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_219_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_218_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_217_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_216_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_215_settings">
<key name="woocommerce_local_pickup_214_settings">

as per previous times and they show up in string translation, and i translate the text, clear the cache yet the strings are not translated. I have to add more and everytime this happens, it doesn't work. what else needs to be done to make this process work everytime?

November 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4955791

johnM-63

anyone?

November 15, 2019 at 8:59 pm #4956801

johnM-63

ok so some of them work today while others are still not translated... sigh ive cleared wpml cache too...

November 18, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4965963

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I kindly ask you to apply the steps described in this errata page and let me know the results: https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

Kind regards,
Carlos

November 18, 2019 at 10:14 pm #4967965

johnM-63

hmm interesting however how do you explain the fact that it seems the strings show properly translated the next day? and no its not browser cache as i tested different ones that were never loaded before? but day after they work?

November 19, 2019 at 11:51 am #4971593

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't have enough information to give you an answer. This kind of issues are usually caused by some kind of outdated cache memory. Have you contacted your hosting providers and ask them to flush any cache memory they might have on the server side?

Regards,
Carlos

November 19, 2019 at 4:10 pm #4974149

johnM-63

I AM the web host. and no there is no such server level cache and that sort of suggestion is more of a wild goose chase since no host in their right minds would do that sort of thing. I think there are still some real inherent issues in your software
a) the fact that the strings dont translate using the normal strings that show up in the string translation and we have to register special admin texts in the first place...
b) the fact that they work a day later, even after flushing wpml cache and wordpress cache (AND the fact that the translated string was never even accessed so it could NOT be in cache anywhere) when testing it out.

November 20, 2019 at 9:05 am #4977827

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I suggested to contact the hosting provider to check if some cache memory existed and can be flushed based on my experience in the forum. More than one hosting provider have a cache memory service of their own and sometime the clients forget to delete it, or don't know how to do it.

a) The admin texts is part of the String Translation plugin since its creation and you can find a section on how to translate them in our official documentation which you can find here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

b) This is the first time I see this issue and might be a bug in our side. To debug this issue further I have created a test site with a fresh new WordPress install and WPML plugins installed and setup already. I kindly ask you to login the site by using this link: hidden link and try to reproduce the issue.

Could you tell me if you were able to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Carlos

November 25, 2019 at 9:27 pm #5017171

johnM-63

sorry i dont have the time to load up everything to the test site you setup, i gave access to the isntall here so you could see. I also reported this issues before and the suggestion was to do the admin texts thing, even though the strings showed up so i dont hold a lot of hope. anyway after a day the admin texts works so ill leave it at that for now.

November 26, 2019 at 9:03 am #5019307

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Best regards,
Carlos