Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 14, 2019 at 11:55 am

nuriG

Dear,

I'm trying to translate the word "Cost of Goods" in WPML. I already translated all those with those words but it still appears in enlglish.

Can you help please?
Thanks

October 14, 2019 at 1:15 pm
October 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4750567

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Can you tell me once you get the WPML wizard configured?
hidden link

And try to emulate this issue here, on this sandbox installation.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 17, 2019 at 11:18 am #4772857

nuriG

Don't close this ticket, it's not fixed yet

October 17, 2019 at 11:53 am #4773195

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The ticket will get closed after about 10 days without any activity. However, can you tell me if you can emulate the same behavior on this clean sandbox installation?

Let me know once you get there, so that I can see the issue happening here, as I'm not sure how to get this text showing up, part of which WooCommerce part is it.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 21, 2019 at 10:19 am #4793217

nuriG

Yes I did. I made all the settings and the label "cost of goods" still doesn't show up.

October 21, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4794357

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 22, 2019 at 6:23 am #4799019

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

To solve this, in wp-content/plugins/yith-cost-of-goods-for-woocommerce-premium/includes/class.yith-cog-orders.php
lines 197 and 242 replace:

echo 'Cost of Goods'

with:

_e('Cost of Goods', 'WordPress')

You can see it works here:
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 23, 2019 at 6:14 pm #4814001

nuriG

You're basically asking me to change the code of an external application? What kind of bad solution this is? You're supposed to be the TOP 1 translations plugin and this simple string doesn't show up in the tool ?

Please investigate and fix it.
Thanks

October 23, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4814203

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

That is correct - if you want to have this string showing its translation, you will have to follow our code suggestion. Otherwise it will not work in any way.

The fact that WPML is the best translation plugin out there does not mean that it can detect and resolve improper code which comes from third-party plugins or themes, especially in cases like this where they have not prepared this string for translation. Specifically, I'm talking about I18n for WordPress Developers, which you can read more about here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers#Translatable_strings

And you can find exactly why this isn't working, not only with WPML, but will not work with any internationalization plugin - the cause is the improper use when following I18n rules.

If I can allow myself to compare this with something, then it will be like saying that WordPress is bad because the hosting company where one would like to host their site only provides PHP version 5.1, not allowing WordPress to run because minimum requirements are not met.

If there's anything else related to this particular case and have any questions, let me know.

Regards,
Bruno Kos