This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lindaM-5 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 2:29 pm

lindaM-5

I am trying to: I have translated a string called 'see all results' and I have hit 'translation complete' in the wpml string dashboard, but the string is still display in in english on the site. Please see screenshots

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a faroese translation but am seeing only the original english translation

Instead, I got: am seeing only the original english translation

May 10, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3785941

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, the plugin that you are using is not part of our official WPML-compatible plugin repository here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

This means that there might be some compatibility issues between that plugin and WPML.

Please follow the next 2 steps and let's see if anything changes (from what I see, the strings are translated correctly inside WPML > String Translation):

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. We need to increase the MaxInputVars to 50000 - currently, you have them set at 5000.

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 50000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 50000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 50000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

Let's see if these 2 things solve the issue.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 10, 2019 at 6:12 pm
May 13, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3798771

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

Sorry for my delayed response but I don't work on the weekends so that was the reason.

I marked your last message as private from the public as it was containing sensitive information.

From what I can see, the Memory limit is still 40mb - I guess you will have to get in touch with the hosting company so that they can make that bigger.

If nothing changes after you do that, I will want us to do a test on a clean install and see if the same thing happens on our servers, with just the WPML plugins installed and the plugin that you use.

If that will be the case, that's when I will also be able to forward this to our compatibility department.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 13, 2019 at 4:01 pm #3800405

lindaM-5

Hey there Mihai 🙂
thanks for getting back to me on this. This is a digital ocean vps so there are no hosting company limits to it 🙂 but I did find a missing */ in my wp-config, which I have corrected. Might have been that causing the issue But back to the problem. Can I translate with poedit and then feed the correct translation through wpml so that it doesn't disappear when wordpress updates?

May 14, 2019 at 4:34 pm #3809177

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation.

I created this clean sandbox setup here (one-click login):
hidden link

Our purpose with this setup is to try to recreate the issue while using just the WPML plugins and the plugin that is causing the issues for you, nothing else, no other custom theme or plugins.

I would just need you to please set up WPML as you have it set up on your site and also install the search plugin that you use and then try to recreate the issue.

If this issue will happen on our servers, too, then I can forward this issue to our Compatibility department.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 14, 2019 at 6:31 pm #3809975

lindaM-5

Hey there Mihai 🙂 I have resolved the issue...the string is available in WPML but I can edit the text directly in Elementor, which I suspect is the reason why it doesn't translate in WPML 🙂
regards Linda

May 14, 2019 at 6:47 pm #3810023

lindaM-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!