This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 1:49 am #3802429

gergelyH

Hi Support,

I am translating a client's website using WPML-MemoQ integration. When the client sent the first batch a large number of strings failed to import in MemoQ (they were sent successfully but MemoQ failed to import saying "not content, files contain only tags or blanks").

I identified the items causing that issue to be strings sent via string translation. WPML allowed me to consult the source file where the strings sit, see one example here: hidden link

The file is a php file and strings that are supposed to be imported look like this:

$textConnectWithUs = __("Connect with us", "awf-wp");

"Connect with us" should appear in MemoQ as content to translate.

I tried importing this php file manually into MemoQ with no luck, MemoQ cannot retrieve the relevant content for translation.

As an alternative, in string translation when looking at the correct string domain I exported these strings as a .po file that I've imported manually into MemoQ. This time MemoQ was able to display the correct content for translation.

Now, it doesn't make sense to have an integration if we have to do things manually in the end and I'de like the connector to be able to handle these strings. Would you be able to assist?

Maybe a .xml config file could help?

I have reached out to MemoQ support too but I hope you can assist.

Kind Regards

May 14, 2019 at 9:52 am #3805545

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

HI there,

Could you please help us with the communication log which can be obtained from
WPML > Support > Communication log ( at the bottom of the page under Remote XML Config Log section )

If you can paste it to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

I am also checking this with the Translation proxy team for some more clarity.

Kind regards
Raja

May 15, 2019 at 1:13 am #3811255

gergelyH

Hi Raja,

See the communication log:
https://pastebin.com/hLTRCKGj

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3816583

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the information,

Just to make things clear, It seems you have sent the strings from translation basket to MemoQ service which resulted in import error "not content, files contain only tags or blanks"

I hope the translation is direct and not through a xliff file? I am escalating the ticket to translation service supports, For better understanding please provide the login details about the site which has the issue. I have enabled the private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 16, 2019 at 7:06 am #3822351

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I have requested the translation services team to have a look into the issue. I have passed the information provided. However, it seems like the login you have provided is not working can you please check and update your previous reply with working login details.

I will keep you posted with any update

Kind regards
Raja

May 16, 2019 at 8:47 am #3823353

gergelyH

Sorry Raja, Please use this URL hidden link

Regards

May 16, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3826051

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks, It works Now,

I have escalated the issue to the second tier for a detailed look, I will keep you posted once I have any further updates.

Kind regards
Raja

May 23, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3876735

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from the 2nd tier support team.

I just want to make sure that I understand your steps correctly, As I understand that you went to WPML -> String Translation, then you selected some strings, then you sent them to the basket and then to the memoQ service, right?

If that what you did and the jobs fail to be imported to memoQ, I wish to replicate the same behaviour to check if we are getting any errors at our Translation Proxy logs while sending the jobs to memoQ.

So if it is ok with you, please confirm with me and I will try to re-send some strings and see if I will be able to replicate the same.

Best regards.

May 24, 2019 at 9:57 am #3883099

gergelyH

Hi Ahmed,

Yes, this is exactly the workflow we are using.

We are currently delivering from MemoQ into WP all the content that imported successfully in the first instance. This should leave us in the translation dashboard with only the strings that are causing issues.

Do we need to cancel these jobs in MemoQ to be able to resend them via the connector? Currently, WPML does not allow us to cancel a job sent to a remote translation service while in progress.

Once we're there I'll let you know which strings exactly you should resend to MemoQ so you can review your logs. I must advise though that some strings of very similar source were imported successfully into MemoQ. It seems that the import issue was random.

I'll post here again once you can run a new test on the strings.

Speak soon.

Regards

May 24, 2019 at 1:48 pm #3885389

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Ok great, you don't need to cancel, you can simply re-send and the old job will be cancelled automatically, so please let me know when you finish and let me know which strings and I will try to re-send them again.

Best regards.

May 27, 2019 at 1:04 am #3892621

gergelyH

Hi Ahmed,

Ok, we are ready for you to test. See below the instructions to find the strings:
- You will see 216 remaining 'in progress' jobs under Translation jobs, these are the strings not importing into MemoQ. There are only Thai and Vietnamese
- Under String Translation search for the domain "academy" and "awf-wp":
For the latter, all the strings can be resent for translation into Thai and Vietnamese
For "academy" all strings saying "Translation complete: One or more strings sent to..." need to be resent via the connector for Thai & Vietnamese as well.

That's a total of 216 jobs to be resent to MemoQ. If you can resend them as soon as possible it would be great we are supposed to deliver them mid-week.

Let me know how you go. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

May 27, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3898705

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I have tried to log-in but the credentials are not working, so can you please send me the updates credentials at the next private reply.

Best regards.

May 28, 2019 at 8:51 pm #3910083

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have checked the jobs at our translation proxy and they seem ok for me so I'm consulting our developers and will come back to you soon when I get their reply.

Best regards

May 29, 2019 at 1:02 am #3910709

gergelyH

Hi Ahmed,

No problems thank you. We did have a deadline for today with the client so I sent again the strings via the connector and all was received fine in MemoQ. They will be delivered back by the end of the day.

Not sure why the first batch had import issues... Maybe it was too large...

Looking forward to hearing your findings.

regards

May 29, 2019 at 6:26 pm #3918035

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to know that it is working now.
We have checked the jobs at our TP server and as we can see that everything is ok and we have XLIFF files with the correct format, so, for now, we think that the issue was related to the memoQ application, but as it worked correctly, let us close this case and observe if this will happen again.

Best regards.