This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 4:56 pm

johnM-63

I am trying to: translate the subject and heading for a woocommerce email

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: string does NOT show up in string translation

I expected to see: the string to translate

Instead, I got: no results when i search for any of the below items

- woocommerce_customer_invoice_settings

subject
Détail de votre devis {order_number} du {order_date}

heading
Détail de votre devis {order_number}

subject_paid
Votre commande sur {site_title} du {order_date}

heading_paid
Voici le détail de votre Commande {order_number}

July 18, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4241449

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts
Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I kindly ask you to follow this steps:
- Go to WPML -> String Translation:
-- Select the 'Include translations' option and search for the strings
-- Filter by the domains that start with 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_'

2.- Please update all outdated plugins and themes. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Note: Don't forget to create a full backup of the site before making any changes. This is for security reasons.

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 12:51 am #4242719

johnM-63

thanks ok checking that box off showed the fields however they are showing the OLD text that i set in the email headings in woocommerce, not what is there now.

Facture de la commande.. is the old text i had. see screenshot to whats actually there. why?

plugins are all up to date.

July 19, 2019 at 11:11 am #4245973

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I kindly ask you to re-save the new texts and see if the String Translation gets updated. Also, please don't forget to flush all cache memory before doing this.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4247115

johnM-63

Hi Carlos

that seemed to work, however when i did that it changed back my translations that i had made so i had to do them again. is there a way to show translations that have a status of "need updating"? i dont see that option anywhere

July 19, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4247297

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you tell me where did you see the 'need updating' status?

Regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4247495

johnM-63

in the string translation on the right under status, it will sometimes say "translation needs updating"

thanks

July 19, 2019 at 4:36 pm #4247515

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

If you re-saved the translation or for some reason WPML didn't fetch this changes (maybe a conflict with one of the outdated plugins) then this could happen. However this won't change the end result. If you keep seeing this issue I kindly ask you to open a new ticket describing the steps to follow to reproduce the problem in the site and assign it directly to me.

Best regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 4:44 pm #4247551

johnM-63

ok but how do i list strings that show "translation needs updating" as i am pretty sure i had some others changed before when the original text was not accurate but i cant remeber what they were.

Thanks

July 19, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4247565

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

As this strings were changed before the plugins were updated there is no way to get the 'needs updating' status. In this case the fastest way to translate all the strings is by double checking each one of them in String Translation (I'm referring to the strings related to the woocommerce emails).

Regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 5:00 pm #4247583

johnM-63

Hi Carlos

why not, this is your designation and it will show up whenever an original string is changed (not just due the issue of the original text not updating), there must be a way to show strings that have that status?? im referring to ALL strings, this is not just related to the ones i had issue with. i cant double check them if i cant find them!?

July 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4252689

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I understand your concern, however in this particular case I have no way to know if other strings were changed and therefore should show the "needs updating" status.

If you change a string and the "needs updating" status doesn't appear then I kindly ask you to open a new ticket describing this new issue and assign it directly to me. This way we will be following our forum's rule of having one ticket per issue. Also, this will help future clients to find answers to similar questions.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 1:24 am #4253077

johnM-63

Hi Carlos, i dont think you are understanding me, I am not saying that the translation needs updating doesnt show once soemthing is changed, the problem is the strings got changed when you ahd me do the above operations ad i need to know what other stings might be impacted!

you have a status of "needs updating" i just need to know how to sort by that column or just show strings that need it.

John

July 22, 2019 at 11:43 am #4256755

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi John,
Thank you very much for your clarification.

To answer your question, unfortunately there is no way to filter by the strings with the 'needs updating' status. However our development team is working on a new version of this plugin that will include several improvements in the performance and UI, which might include a solution for this issue.

I also recommend you to open a new ticket of "feature request" type and explain the issue. This way our development team will list this request faster.

Regards,
Carlos