Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 2, 2021 at 8:53 am #8453917

pearm

this is a chinese site after then we install WPML to set up english version.
some page content we translate manual, but many page default wording not work.
i don't know what happen. please check the image attached

only work in products page. other pages total not work.- FAQ/CONTACT US/ BLOG/PRESS RELEASE/LATEST NEW/client portal_point_membership

our version :
WOOCOMMERCE - 5.1.0
WordPress 5.7

client_points.JPG
products.JPG
mainpag2.JPG
mainpag1.JPG
FAQ.JPG
contact us.JPG
checkout.JPG
cart.JPG
_latestnews_press.JPG
April 4, 2021 at 6:31 am #8462189

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I can see that there are a lot of strings not translated. In this case, can you go to WPML → String translation and search for these strings, please? There's a chance that most of the strings (if not all of them) can be translated from this area. Can you give this a try, please?

Also, can you attach the debug information to this ticket, please? You can find the steps for doing that right here:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks,
Radu

April 4, 2021 at 8:05 am #8462557

pearm

you are asking for doing translate from wpml - string translation but previous when i was working on i was tried with this method, it was not working, suppose i was translate Apply coupon in chinese, but its not translated. please check atachment

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 17.54.00.jpeg
8a05cab4-07d1-47a2-8874-409805f27218.jpg
April 4, 2021 at 6:49 pm #8464005

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

Thank you for sending me the additional screenshots from your previous message and for checking WPML → String translation. Since this change is not doing the trick, could you give me access to the dashboard so I can have a look, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

April 7, 2021 at 8:26 am #8479723

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

The elements from the contact page here:
hidden link

are actually a part of the contact form from here:
hidden link

In this case, you need to change the text to Chinese inside the contact form and then translate the contact form as presented here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

I checked the page from this screenshot: hidden link

but everything is translated well now:
Chinese hidden link
English hidden link

The Memberships button from here hidden link

can be translated through WPML → String translation area:
hidden link

As for the Points, I couldn't find them here:
hidden link

so I can look for the strings. Can you tell me if I should access a different link?

Regarding the subscription option at the bottom, I could see that the footer is created here:
hidden link

but there's a Tbay Newsletter widget used, but the text is not added there. You need to edit again the newsletter (I don't know how did you create it, maybe it's an option from the theme) and change the text.

For all the other strings from your screenshots, please search for them in the WPML → String translation area. I looked for a few of them and they are there. Like the Hello word at the top which I changed to [CH] Hello, I was able to add the translation through the WPML → String translation area.

Thanks,
Radu

April 8, 2021 at 2:16 am #8486845

pearm

hi radu,

i have follow all your instruction but still not work, please help.

thanks

change.jpg
April 8, 2021 at 10:22 am #8490335

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

I can see that you added the translation for the Membership word and it's changed here:
hidden link

Can you tell me if there's another place where this word is not translated, please?

Thanks,
Radu

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 14.20.47.png
April 8, 2021 at 2:58 pm #8494345

pearm

hi Radu,

please check the image. the page are :
FAQ/CONTACT US/ BLOG/PRESS RELEASE/LATEST NEW/client portal_point_membership

thank you

mainpag2.JPG
mainpag1.JPG
FAQ.JPG
contact us.JPG
client_points.JPG
checkout.JPG
cart.JPG
_latestnews_press.JPG
April 11, 2021 at 2:36 pm #8510763

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

I had a look at the elements that I mentioned in my previous message but there's no change on them.

For example, the contact form from the Contact Us and FAQ pages can be easily changed if you edit the form here:
hidden link

This is the Chinese form but the strings are still in English. Can you try to change them, please?

Regarding the heading and text over the contact form on the FAQ page, you can easily change them if you edit the page:
hidden link

The page is in Chinese but the text added before the contact form is in English. All you need to do is edit it, add the Chinese text there, and then edit the English translation.

Please make these changes first and then we'll check the other elements too.

Thanks,
Radu

April 12, 2021 at 3:27 am #8512443

pearm

hi Radu,

Contact Us have been been translated in chinese, but in english verion is not work will show in chinses.
btw others problem still haven't fix, help assist.

thank you

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 11.24.05 AM.png
April 13, 2021 at 3:05 pm #8526717

pearm

hello radu,

thank you so much finally i have fix the string problem, but i still have some question, i have a mailchimp subscription form at the website, but it can't work sting, i have already install the plugin, but it still not work. would u please tell how to fix?

mainpage_form.JPG
mc_wpml.JPG
April 13, 2021 at 6:13 pm #8528383

Radu
Supporter

Hey there,

As I can see, the footer is created here:
hidden link

and the newsletter is made using the Tbay Newsletter widget. This element is using the following newsletter form created by Mailchimp here:
hidden link

Once you change the text here, it will change on the footer too. The last step is to translate the subscription form as presented here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/#translating-your-forms

Thanks,
Radu

April 14, 2021 at 8:30 am #8532249

pearm

hi radu,

i have follow your instruction but i can't find any sign up form at the Translation Management. i will ask the theme to help.

and i have another problem about the customize function the code as follow:

function my_custom_wc_free_shipping_notice() {

if ( ! is_cart() && ! is_checkout() ) { // Remove partial if you don't want to show it on cart/checkout
return;
}

$packages = WC()->cart->get_shipping_packages();
$package = reset( $packages );
$zone = wc_get_shipping_zone( $package );

$cart_total = WC()->cart->get_displayed_subtotal();
if ( WC()->cart->display_prices_including_tax() ) {
$cart_total = round( $cart_total - ( WC()->cart->get_discount_total() + WC()->cart->get_discount_tax() ), wc_get_price_decimals() );
} else {
$cart_total = round( $cart_total - WC()->cart->get_discount_total(), wc_get_price_decimals() );
}
foreach ( $zone->get_shipping_methods( true ) as $k => $method ) {
$min_amount = $method->get_option( 'min_amount' );

if ( $method->id == 'free_shipping' && ! empty( $min_amount ) && $cart_total < $min_amount ) {
$remaining = $min_amount - $cart_total;
wc_add_notice( sprintf( 'Purchase HK %s more to enjoy free delivery!', wc_price( $remaining ) ) );
}
}

}
add_action( 'wp', 'my_custom_wc_free_shipping_notice' );

the WMPL can't find this, please help

thanks

ARty

April 15, 2021 at 12:28 pm #8544817

Radu
Supporter

Hey Arty,

As you may know, helping with custom coding is outside of our support scope. However, in this case, I think that the change is pretty simple.
From what I see, the text that you might want to translate is the one at the end (Purchase HK...). All you need to do is wrap that string into a gettext function like this:

wc_add_notice( sprintf( __( 'Purchase HK %s more to enjoy free delivery!', 'text-domain' ), wc_price( $remaining ) ) );

where you need to replace the text-domain part with the text domain used by the theme or the plugin that you added this code to.
Once you did this, go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization, scan the theme or plugin where you added the code, and look for the string in WPML → String Translation area.

You can find some more details about this right here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers

Thanks,
Radu

April 19, 2021 at 4:23 am #8567393

pearm

hi Radu,

i have another problem, lanugage default from tradational chinese ---> english,
change back again eng--->tradational chinese , and language switcher drop down is not show, and i have check which is set already at backend, would you please help

thanks

Arty

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.22.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.22.42 PM.png

The topic ‘[Closed] string is not work in default wording’ is closed to new replies.