This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jarle Roti 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4283851

Jarle Roti

I added some strings in the frontpage template, please see screenshot 5.53.18
And translated the strings in the wpml string translation tool, see screenshot 5.45.08

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link
(Top section below menu.)

I expected to see: The texts and the button to be translated to Norwegian and Swedish

Instead, I got: everything still in English.

Please assist.

July 25, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4285345

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Are normal/standard WordPress strings translating well? i.e. is this problem only happening to your custom strings?

2. Have you checked for any other instances of this string that might exist in the table using the filter at top of table? Are they all translated?

3. If you temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins and change your theme to Twenty Nineteen. Then, translate the string "Powered by %s"...is it translating at the footer of the home page well?

Thanks for the answers

July 25, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4285427

Jarle Roti

Hi,

Thank you.

1. Yes, all other strings are translating well. I tested out other custom strings, and they are translating fine.

2. No there are no duplicates of the strings, and I have translated them all.

3. I don't have a test environment I can't deactivate all other non wpml plugins. But I don´t have the wpml media translation plugin, could this be the reason?

Looking forward to hear from you.

July 26, 2019 at 7:55 am #4288063

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

The presence of Media Installation should not affect if the localized strings are translated or not.

Could I take a look at your site configuration?

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

July 26, 2019 at 8:02 am #4288201

Jarle Roti

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!