This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 3:42 pm #4052931

danielF-60

I am trying to translate text to french

unfortunately, the string doesn't show up in wpml string translation....

another text from the same website is translated already, please see attached pictures. it's the alert message in the bottom of the picture. the text for the closed forum - where no entries can be done is not translated, the text for ability to post I must be logged in is already translated. Neither one nor the other i can find the string from...

June 19, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4054925

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps.

1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the theme” and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
4. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select all plugins and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
5. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

June 20, 2019 at 6:39 am #4057027

danielF-60

I have done this already - without success

June 21, 2019 at 3:53 am #4064497

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would like to request your WordPress login details in order to identify the issue.

IMPORTANT: Please take a backup before providing details.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I can view the details.

The topic ‘[Closed] string not found’ is closed to new replies.