This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 10:33 am #4615777

Janine Delfsma

I am trying to: translate a string

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

September 21, 2019 at 10:34 am #4615779

Janine Delfsma

Hi, i already opened a ticket yesterday as i cant find some strings. i was recommended to contact the plugin author and ask where texts are stored. this is their reply:

"these fields are defined in the backend - in Locatoraid, Configuration, Front Text. Technically they are stored in our own database table, "wp_lctr2_conf"."

Could you please help me find these strings and fix the issue? Thanks

September 23, 2019 at 4:36 am #4620203

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Janine,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area of your website so I can have a closer look at this, please? Also, it would be great if you could tell me what's the plugin that these strings are coming from. This way I'll be able to check things out and see what can be done in order to make everything translatable.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 25, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4638561

Radu
Supporter

Hey Janine,

Thank you for telling me what's the plugin you're using. It seems that Locatoraid is not a part of our WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/). This means that there might still be some compatibility issue between those two.

I was able to find the ZOEKEN right here hidden link and I could see that you added a translation for it. Now, can you send me a link to a page where this string is displayed, please? I just want to see if I can replicate it on my side.

Thanks,
Radu

September 25, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4638723

Janine Delfsma

Hi,

The Zoeken you found is not the one i am looking for. Its strange that i cant find these strings because i also have another website hidden link that uses the same plugin and i could find all strings there.

This is the page i need to have the strings translated hidden link

Thank you

September 26, 2019 at 11:48 am #4646421

Radu
Supporter

Hey Janine,

I looked at all the settings from this plugin and I couldn't find a way to make these strings translatable. Usually, if the strings are saved to a custom table in the database, the WPML plugin is not able to translate them. However, I could see that you were able to do this on the other website.

In this case, is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of the other website so I can have a look and see how the translation was done, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 27, 2019 at 6:08 am #4651771

Radu
Supporter

Hey Janine,

I tried to install the Locatoraid plugin on my side and translating this word worked very well. However, it seems that this text is no longer available for translation once I change that text. Things are going back to normal once I scan again the plugin for strings.

I tried to do the same change on your website but the string is not appearing back in Dashboard → WPML → String translation once I do the same change. In this case, is there any chance that you could create a duplicator package (you can have a look here to find out how to generate it https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/), please? This way I'll be able to create a copy of your website and see what can be done in order to make this work.

Just generate the package and give me a message back once it's done so I can download it form your website.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] string not showing’ is closed to new replies.