This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bernardoP-4 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 4:54 pm #5868097

bernardoP-4

I need help regarding to translate String.

Please Check this issue. I am providing all details. so that I hope you can make a solution here.

strings is already translated in wpml string translation but does not show In front end.
I think we need to set this string as a admin text screens with Custom XML configuration. But don't find key name..Please Check all these attached files. I hope it will help you..

please Check scrrenshoot_48.png ..There you will find 2 more things which need to translate also...

And please Hide All three Screenshot from public people.

April 9, 2020 at 1:28 pm #5876371

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Bernardo,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

From the screenshots that you attached, it looks like the theme did not make those strings available for translation. Basically, all the strings from Screenshot_48 should be wrapped in some gettext functions. For example, instead of:

I agree to the

you should have

__('I agree to the', 'theme-textdomain')

Now, you can do these changes by yourself, and add the missing code. However, when a new update will be available for the theme, all the changes that you're making will be overwritten. In this case, I think it's a good idea to reach out to the theme authors and ask them to make this change.
This way, the strings will be available for translation and will still work on future theme updates.

Basically, the current structure of these strings won't let you translate them, even if you wouldn't use WPML.

Please try to reach out to the theme authors. I'm right here if they ask you for any change from our side.

Thanks,
Radu

April 9, 2020 at 4:16 pm #5878021

bernardoP-4

sorry..I applied this but Doesn't work....Site gets down when I changed it

Actually it's plugin.
we will not update this plugin. Can you please Look into this ? can I share credentials?

Plugin name >> IgnitionDeck Customizations for CrowdfundingBum
path >> plugins/cb-id-customizations/cb-id-customization.php

April 11, 2020 at 4:18 pm #5889571

bernardoP-4

Hello......

April 12, 2020 at 9:32 am #5891889

Radu
Supporter

Hey Bernardo,

I set the next reply to be private so you can send me the credentials. Once I'll have a access to the dashboard area, I'll have a look at this and see what we can do about it.

Thanks,
Radu

April 15, 2020 at 7:26 am #5910585

Radu
Supporter

Hey Bernardo,

I checked the code you mentioned, changed it, but the text is still not changing.
I also tried to remove the agree word from the I agree to the text. When I checked again the page, the word was still there.

This means that the text comes from a different code. In this case, please try to reach out to the plugin authors and ask them to have a look at this. They just need to make sure that they make the texts translatable (something that WPML doesn't have control over).

Please keep me posted about this. Also, you can ask the plugin authors to apply for the Go Global program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/). This way, our compatibility team will work together with them to make sure that our products work very well together. We have a dedicated team for this kind of job.

Thanks,
Radu

April 15, 2020 at 9:12 pm #5917239

bernardoP-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!