This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 10:39 am

lyhnstoreH

I am trying to: translate the string and translated it in string translation but it's not showing on the website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Je winkelwagentje is leeg! Bekijk ons aanbod van kleurlenzen en nepwimpers wie weet vind je wat leuks!

Instead, I got:
YOUR SHOPPING CART IS EMPTY
We invite you to get acquainted with an assortment of our shop. Surely you can find something for yourself!

September 29, 2018 at 1:07 am #2774989

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @lyhnstoreh, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Is this string generated by the theme or by some plugin? Sometimes it has two similar strings and we must translate the correct one for it to work. Please try the following:
- Go to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization > Strings in the themes
- Select your theme and click on Scan selected theme for strings
- If the string is generated by a plugin, scan the plugin as well
- Go to WPML > String Translation and search for the Strings
- Translate the string, check the Translation is complete field and click on Save.

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please also check if you find any similar strings on the Translate texts in admin screen page, like on this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

September 29, 2018 at 8:54 am #2775475

lyhnstoreH

I said I translated the string it’s not working -.-

October 1, 2018 at 6:57 pm #2779208

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

This seems to be a compatibility issue. In these cases we should test the plugin on a clean installation, to isolate the problem and run some tests.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the themeto this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. You can also import the demo content of the theme if you want. Please note that we only need the theme and the related functionality to reproduce the issue, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

I will do some tests to translate this string, and if not right, send to our compatibility team.

Regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] String not translating’ is closed to new replies.