This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 5:02 pm

alvanI

I am trying to: activate and use WPML String plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: anywhere on site

I expected to see: functioning site

Instead, I got: slow site and a timeout error

June 21, 2019 at 12:22 am #4063683

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Please provide us a download link for a Duplicator package in the private reply box for your next answer on this ticket. Also please add the list of plugins and the used theme to this private reply.

Duplicator is a free plugin and it allows to create packages including the site and its database for sizeds up to 500MB. You further can set filters for cache, backups and uploads to minimize the package size, if necessary.
hidden link

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please provide a download link by Google Drive, Dropbocx or a similar service. I will then escalate the issue directly to our developers for further investigation.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 26, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4094711

alvanI

Hi Andreas,

I have another ticket still open and would you be willing to review it? Link: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/white-page-when-trying-to-translate-page/

You'll see that the technician there (Bruno) asked me to open this separate ticket, but I do think the problems are related. And when Bruno uses the duplicator plugin and operates a copy of the site elsewhere translation seems to work. Meanwhile, the problems remain.

Let me know what solutions you may have.

Thanks,
Alvan

June 26, 2019 at 10:10 pm #4095251

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

For now we are escalating performance issues with String Translation directly to our developers. I would kindly like to ask you again to provide the requested information and our developers will be informed right away.

There have been lately various cases of performance issues with String Translation and our developers are working hard on solving the issues with the next WPML updates.

It would be very helpful if you could provide inside a private reply to this message:

- a download link to a Duplicaor package
- a list of the used plugins and the theme

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] String Plugin Slows Site/Timeout Error’ is closed to new replies.