Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by gvidoD 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 14, 2020 at 1:57 pm #5904859

gvidoD

Hi!

I am using MailPoet plugin to collect emails. I scanned the plugin via the plugin and theme localization section. Strings were found, I translated them, but the translation won't appear in the frontend. To be sure I deleted these strings from string translation list. Scanned everything once more, strings were found, I translated those but no luck. For some reason the translation is not there.

Because these strings are set via WP panel in plugin settings, I also tried to find strings in "Translate texts in admin screens »" section, but they are not there.

Not sure how I should proceed. Thanks.

April 14, 2020 at 5:15 pm #5906875

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you very much for your patience and sorry to have you waiting - there is a very full ticket queue at the moment and it takes us a bit more than usual to answer tickets.

Now, regarding your request, that is usually happening when we need to increase the max input vars value (yours is set to 1000 at the moment).

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 51000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 51000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 51000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

After you do that, please see if the strings are now showing on the page.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

April 16, 2020 at 1:01 pm #5923157

gvidoD

Hi!

I updated these via htaccess file and the values are present in support page. BUt no luck with translations 🙁 I deleted the string once more and rescanned the plugin. Happy to provide login details

April 16, 2020 at 7:03 pm #5926839

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there and thank you for your confirmation.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

April 20, 2020 at 3:09 pm #5950835

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi, Mihai is having a holiday so I am going to handle this ticket now, I hope that’s ok.

Can you please tell me one or two strings that are not showing as Translated and where exactly I can see them on the frontend (screenshot would also help)?

I will use that string as an example and try to translate it or debug the issue.

Looking forward to it, Thank you

April 20, 2020 at 3:23 pm #5950917

gvidoD

hi! Thanks for reply.

The string is located in checkout , last step where payment is made. There is this checkbox with text about newsletter. (not translated in Latvian, it appears in English, see screenshot)

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 18.19.45.png
April 22, 2020 at 9:28 am #5966201

Noman
Supporter

I have deactivated the current theme and few plugins to narrow down the issue but someone has reverted my changes. Looks like someone working on your site which is stopping me from debugging the issue.

Could you please let me know when your site is free to debug so that I can continue debugging.

Thank you

April 22, 2020 at 9:34 am #5966363

gvidoD

I am very sorry. Yes, that was me because we just transferred the website to faster hosting. An I did freak out because I thought that these issues are related to the transfer.

You can do a debug now, but PLEASE ENABLE UNDER CONSTRUCTION mode (see screenshot), because the website is live and in usage. 🙂

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.33.48.png
April 23, 2020 at 6:52 am #5973815

Noman
Supporter

I have fixed this issue by following workaround which our compatibility team recently created for the affected string from MailPoet:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-translate-mailpoet-string/

Now you can translate that string from here:
hidden link

Thank you for your patience and cooperation

lv - frontend.jpg
string translation backend.jpg
April 23, 2020 at 11:18 am #5976169

gvidoD

Thanks, i can translate it now but it looks bad because it appears above the input box. For some reason, the string is printed outside the HTML elements.

See screenshots

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 14.17.39.png
Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 14.16.36.png
April 23, 2020 at 1:03 pm #5977355

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for pointing this out. I have fixed this issue by replacing:

esc_html_e($labelString, 'wpml-fix')

With:

esc_html__($labelString, 'wpml-fix')

And now it is showing correctly as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Thank you

fixed1.jpg
April 26, 2020 at 6:47 pm #5997565

gvidoD

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!