Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Tia.

Author Posts
January 29, 2016 at 12:29 pm #799774

Kristof

I am trying to: activate the String Translation plugin/addon

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: an activated plugin

Instead, I got: a 500 server error page in the WP admin

January 29, 2016 at 6:57 pm #800201

Tia

Hello. Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Can you tell me if you already checked the following? This will help narrow down the issue:

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

A. Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

B. Minimal Set Up ( 1. All plugins except WPML disabled 2. and then Temporarily changing the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen 3. then finally enable all plugins and disable all WPML related ).

C. If the issue is gone after Minimal Set Up steps above, activate each plugin one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue.

Does the issue still persist when you do each step above?

Thank you in advance for the information above. This will help me come to a faster resolution.

February 22, 2016 at 9:14 am #819689

Kristof

Hi, I have noticed other tickets with exactly the same issue so this plugin bug is still not fixed. We have deactivated all plugins and wp-admin is fine, it is still fine until we activate the String Translation plugin 2.3.6.1
This is now on the website hidden link

[removed by WPML Support]

February 22, 2016 at 8:39 pm #820550

Tia

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If needed, I will be using a plugin called 'Duplicator' (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator) to make a local copy of the website for testing purposes. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Do I have your permission to move forward with Duplicator?

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

February 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm #825070

Kristof

Mohammed has provided a solution. I have activated English (site is only in Dutch and French), activated the String Translation plugin, deactivated English. The server error 500 has gone now.