This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ahmedM-19 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
February 19, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3218434

ahmedM-19

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have more than 35000 string.Do they have to translate! Manually!
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

February 19, 2019 at 7:23 pm #3218681

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. WPML doesn't offer an automatic translation feature as you would find with Google Translator for example, the translation should be manually done either by you or using a translation service if you prefer as you can read at:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

https://wpml.org/translation-service/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/professional-translation-via-wpml/

Please, let me know if you need any additional clarifications, have a nice day.

February 23, 2019 at 1:14 pm #3235250

ahmedM-19

Hi Marcos,
Please check hidden link
This is why I bought the plugin to translate felguide.com to Arabic language but the url I sent is not right to left... Please help.
And tell me what translation wpml is responsible to do!
Thank you.

February 24, 2019 at 11:14 am #3236587

ahmedM-19

Hi Marcos,
Please check hidden link
This is why I bought the plugin to translate felguide.com to Arabic language but the url I sent is not right to left... Please help.
And tell me how can I translate the footer widget.
Thank you.

February 25, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3240438

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Regarding your questions, let me explain:

"1 - This is why I bought the plugin to translate felguide.com to Arabic language but the url I sent is not right to left"

The RTL (Right to Left) content layout for WordPress websites work according the theme used, some theme do offer such capability while others are not full RTL ready, this is why I would recommend you:

1.1 - Ask your theme author if your theme is RTL ready.

1.2 - If so, adjust your content in your RTL language to be aligned properly, this is how you can do it:

1.2.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit the page where you have the alignment issues.

1.2.2 - Change to the RTL language using the top admin bar language switcher.

1.2.3 - Now, adjust the page builder block to make it properly aligned, you will find these options in the section or column settings of your page builder content.

Note: In your case the provided url shows a content built with the Essential Grid plugin, so in this case you should make sure with the plugin author if it supports RTL languages as the only layout issue I see in your website is with the content built with this plugin.

"2 - Tell me what translation wpml is responsible to do?"

WPML lets authors write content in different languages and translate content, it also make it possible to translate all the website text such as theme text in header, footer, widgets, menu translation. As explained before all these translations should be manually done as WPML doesn't offer an automatic translation feature as Google Translator for example.

"3 - Tell me how can I translate the footer widget"

You can translate the widget content and titles in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings, you find the full details on how to proceed at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Please, let me know if you need any additional instructions, have a nice day.

February 25, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3240486

ahmedM-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!