This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

FAT Event - The calendar's months and days translation does not show on the front-end

Solution:

Those strings are currently "untranslatable". They are hardcoded in JS files. When deactivating WPML and setting the site language to German, the issue still happens. Even with the .po files for German in place. We suggest checking with the plugin author, as those strings are probably not properly localized.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by muhammad-amirS-2 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3847969

muhammad-amirS-2

I am trying to: Calendar

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: other language

Instead, I got: only english

May 22, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3865869

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Amir and sorry for the late response here.

As I've mentioned in our chat, I can replicate this issue on a clean WordPress installation. The calendar's months and days translations from String Translation are not showing on the front-end. I've escalated this issue to our compatibility team, and they will check to see if it is possible to fix this issue on our side.

I'll keep you updated here.

P.S. If this the same issue that you have on the other ticket with my colleague Oscar, then please close the other ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/plugin-calendar-translation-does-not-function/

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

May 23, 2019 at 10:49 am #3873823

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Amir.

Our compatibility team has checked this issue and here is what they write about it.

Those strings are currently "untranslatable". They are hardcoded in JS files. When deactivating WPML and setting the site language to German, the issue still happens. Even with the .po files for German in place. We suggest checking with the plugin author, as those strings are probably not properly localized.

Could you please contact the authors of the Fat Event calendar and find our with them about this issue?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 27, 2019 at 8:05 am #3894415

muhammad-amirS-2

Hi Itamar,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I have contact the Plugin Developer and this is resolved.

May 27, 2019 at 8:05 am #3894417

muhammad-amirS-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!